Ibs

Posted , 5 users are following.

anyone with ibs would just like to ask where you get the pain

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have had IBS (loose stools) for about 14 years, since I was 15ish. I was given loperamide (Imodium) to help bind but would have cramps around stomach area near belly belly button area, sometimes making me physically have to lean forward and hold/rub my stomach area.

Since I started taking several supplements and sertraline for anxiety things have got a bit bitter

• Posted

Hi , I've suffered with severe ibs for years , and I always get the pain all over it digs through to my back my hips it can cramp everywhere 😦 , loperamide/Imodium do help , i was prescribed many different things over the years that never really helped , i could barely eat alot so in the end I chose not to eat alot, then 2 years ago it was discovered i also had diverticulitis , unfortunately only found this out through emergency op as my bowel had perforated.

For me I felt like the doctors didnt quite grasp how much pain I used to be in and how little i could consume before gut wrenching pain and diarrhoea closely following food consumption. Even drinks hurt my bowel , i only have half my bowel left but still have ibs. I am learning to use Imodium half hour before a meal to defer pain and diarrhoea,

Where do you get pain ? Do you know the problem foods are you till trying to assess that one .

• Posted

i have also had the med my pain sits right at top of stomack between my ribs pain never goes away always there x

• Posted

Have they checked for hernia ? Hiatus hernia sit around there , my friend developed one and she always has pain there . Thing is when we feel groggy from something already diagnosed it is hard to define if other things are going on sometimes 😦 x

• Posted

am thinking that too hopefully it be sorted soon thank you xx

• Posted

My IBS pain is all over my abdomen and it moves about. I have also had four different types of pain. I have experienced both constipation and diarrhoea. If I can't go to the loo, I eat lots of fruit and when I get diarrhoea, Imodium helps.

• Posted

It usually starts with gas and is preventable with certain foods such as home made chicken soup, white rice, hot tea, and others. It is best for each individual to consult a registered dietician or nutritionist for a diet that is personally suitable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.