Ibs

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, does this sound 'normal' for IBS? A week ago i had about 8 loose stools one day and the next couple of days i had about 3 a day urgent after eating. i took some immodium after three days which stopped me. now i havent been for 3/4 days but im gurgling. i took some mebeverine for a few days that id been prescribed once before. i have severe health/GAD and have had a year of one 'illness' after another and periods of being bedridden with it. i was actually improving and having a really good few days when this happened. i have always had 'dodgy' tummies and often have lots of loose stools but for some reason i have completely freaked out about this. maybe because it happened when i was feeling really well? my eldest daughter recently moved out and my husband is stressed to the eyeballs with work and just calls me crazy and ridiculous and my other daughter has her own life. i cant work at the moment because of my anxiety and im just sat inside my own head all day. anyway sorry thats not what im here for i just wanted to know if that sounded like ibs!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.