IBS And Gallstone Diet.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been reading about all the yummy things to eat on the gallstone

diet but I can't eat them because I have IBS and Diverticulosis! !

Anyone else with IBS  ?   What   do you eat  ?      I'm fading away

with hunger but am lost as to what to eat.  I keep having mashed

sweet potato but  I need more food, any ideas? I don't eat meat, veggies,

spicy  or too sweet.      I would love some soup but can't think of a bland

one to  one to make  ...?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to learn you have IBS and Diverticulosis.  Is it IBS-D? Try looking up the roadmap diet on line...hope this helps!
    • Posted

The IBS  changes from  constipation  on a low fibre diet,  which is better for me ,

to IBS D if I  eat any vegetables.   Can't eat fruit except the odd banana. .

• Posted

Well, I tend to have diarrhea.  What I do is eat peas & carrots, with chicken and rice.  I use microwaveable types of the veggies and the rice, and stir in a 3 ounce can of organic white meat chicken.  Sometimes I pour chicken broth on the mixture.  The rice tends to bind things together.  I keep it in a large bowl in the refrigerator and eat just a little bit at a time.  Can you have rice? 

• Posted

Yes I can eat rice but I never know what to put with it.

I can't eat  tinned soup or tinned meats,  I can't tolerate  the  spices and  additives 

in tinned or pre packed foods.  

• Posted

It was just an idea.  The vegetables and the canned chicken that I buy have no. spices in them....
    • Posted

Sounds tasty Lynda.   I have a big problem with vegetables so only eat

a tiny amount of carrots or green beans.    I'd love to be able to get my 

teeth into a proper meal. ..   I even struggle with crackers,   I'm still searching for 

one I can eat,   I think it's the  yeast that upsets me.

• Posted

This is so awful!  I'm suggesting that you try 2 cans of chicken broth, rice and 2 small (3 oz) cans of organic chicken.  If you can't find that type of chicken in the market, try a health food store.  The kind I get is completely unseasoned and packed in water..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.