IBS and ME

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

does anyone else here have IBS as one of their related ME conditions? I tend to forget about it until it flares up, as it is atm, usually due to some sort of dietary indiscretion :oops:

YES, I know, if I don't want it to flare up then watch what I eat, but it gets soooooo boring and sometimes I want some comfort food :cry:

I am just having a pity party to get it out the way so it doesn't spoil my daughter's birthday. Anyone want to join me? :wah: :cupcake:

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alicia

Guess what!! Yes, I do!! sad In fact if you look back over my postings you will see one with the title 'Windy Weather' :oops: :oops: that's ME!

I really have to watch what I eat (especially wheat products, spicy foods etc. - in other words all the nicest things). Trouble is, unless I know I am going out somewhere (rare these days) I tend to eat what I want and put up with the consequences. I do feel permanently bloated, and can look very pregnant by the end of the day, which doesn't do much for my confidence - which is rapidly going down hill these days anyway!! sad

Yup, I'd be delighted to join your pity party! :P :P

Take care

Katie

• Posted

I'm going to go and look for that topic Katie :D

Yup, wheat is my nemesis too, plus sugar and caffeine and spices and acid like onions and tomatoes.

I've just had some of Daughter's fresh pineapple. Yum :oops:

Right, off I go to look for your topic :wink:

• Posted

hi girls

Just a male dumb moment but whats IBS ??

I connot tolerate caffein or alchol, caffein sends my whole body numb and doubles my symptons and alchol, well 1 glass of wine and im hung over for a week, when i told my mates im allergic to alchol they all just laughed at me, well ex mates :lol:

Jay xox

P.S when i went to my local M.E clinic 5 years ago out of 12 ppl i was the only male, ive being in a few other M.E forums were i was the only male, ive seen 1 male on here, just a observation but seems like majority of M.E sufferers are female, either that or the males are to proud to discuse on these sites ?? (not saying that women arnt to proud)

• Posted

IBS is Irritable Bowel Syndrome Jay, and it is when the colon goes into spasms and gives you all sorts of pain and horrid symptoms. sad
  • Posted

Hi Jay

Yes, Irritable Bowel Syndrome is what causes my awful wind (that we all had a good laugh about a while back :oops: ) as well as several other unpleasant symptoms.

And apparently women seem to be affected by ME about three times as often as men - this is supposedly why it was originally thought to be caused by hysteria and neurosis (great)!

Take care

Katie smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.