Ibs and migraines? Recently diagnosed with Ibs

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all. I was told I have ibs, I do have a majority of the symptoms and have made another post on here about those. I was told to start taking linzess to try and get me regular as much as possible.

What should my next steps be? Does any one el see have migraines and ibs?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Always had migraines from an early age and hospitalised with them in my teens but IBS only 5 or 6 years ago so for me unrelated but I have both in the game of sickness bingo smile
    • Posted

This is how i am, if had migraines for years and just recently developed one.

Was really curious how this played out in others.

• Posted

You can get headaches with IBS; it maybe to do with stress.  Maybe try anti migraine medication. 
    • Posted

If I have an attack because I am susceptible anyway I always have a headache as accompaniment. 

I take Migraleve as normal Anadin are just not strong enough for me. I used to cry and scream as a teenager as I could not stand the pain but maybe my body has just got used to them as now I take Migraleve and if that does not work I lie down in a dark room and have a sleep.  That does seem to work but if I have been very stressed the migraine can carry over to the next day but by day 3 I am usually feeling better.  I guarantee if I have had a tough week and then I have a break like a long Bank Holiday, 4 day break, or Christmas,2 week break, I am always ill straight after I have broken up. For Christmas I often have to take a 3 or 4 days prior to Christmas to recover from illness and still be where I need to be for Christmas. If anyone has that pattern.  That is definitely stress my doc said. 

• Posted

My mum used to get migraines to and she found lying down in a dark room helped her too, 
    • Posted

Sometimes it really is the only way and pulled over and slept in side roads, car parks and my favourite an infamous council estates before now. If the pain becomes too severe I can't drive.

• Posted

Do any foods trigger the migraines?  Chocolate can be one of the culprits.
    • Posted

For my migraines one of the only triggers I have is MSG, but it is something to look at if you have migraines. It is a pretty major trigger found in a lot of foods.
    • Posted

For medical reasons I can not eat cheese. I am fine with chocolate.
    • Posted

I have heard MSG can be particularly troublesome as a food additive.
    • Posted

I must be lucky because I eat most things.  The only things I avoid are very spicy or fatty foods like salami which makes me vomit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.