IBS and pain under both ribs

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello

Ive been diagnosed with IBS since April.

Now I get an urge and tummy ache before I need to rush to the toilet in the morning.

Ive been getting a feeling of discomfort under my ribs, off and on recently and wondered if this can be caused by IBS?  It feels like a band at the bottom of my ribcage and it definitely is under both ribs.

Thank you

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well, saw my GP.

My ESR is now 3 and CRP has come down from 20 to 16.

He is testing me for autoimmune diseases.

He thinks the discomfort under my ribs may be indigestion?  Ive got some medication to take.

I need to go back in a month.

x

• Posted

hmmm sceptical about that but glad he is testing for auto immune issues. Would want to know what he is doing as a gp can't diagnose that. 

• Posted

I have these symptoms as part of my IBS. I get sharp stabbing pains under my ribs followed by a major urge or should that be plural smile

• Posted

Hey Lizzie

Hope you are ok, I saw this post, I know a long time ago and you may no longer be on here, but wondered if you managed to get relief and your IBS and possible costochondritis has calmed down?

Edwina

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.