Ibs and the Coronavirus

Posted , 9 users are following.

Is anyone finding the anxiety around the coronavirus is making their IBS extremely bad? I have been suffering with loose bowels since Sunday and im having a lot of stomach pain. Please tell me im not the only one

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pauline I know exactly how you feel it's very distressing.

I usually suffer with IBS c but a few days this week I've had loose bowels and I know it's the anxiety I have that is worse during the coronavirus. x

• Posted

hello

yes, anxiety making things worse. Also struggling to source the foods in my very restricted diet. Worried about how I react to having to eat differently at a time when my stress levels are sky high.

• Posted

oh dear poor you your bowels are probably stressed! bland food, liquid and imodium or whatever you take after lose stools!

• Posted

I had an IBS flare last week due to work and personal stress a week or so ago (I usually have a delayed IBS reaction to stress for some reason), but it's not settled down properly, and I'm sure it's to do with corona virus stress. not that I'm stressed about the virus at all, but I'm front line his staff, so as you can imagine, Work is chaos atm.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. Its such a strange and worrying time

As a member of front line staff let me say thank you to all your colleagues

• Posted

aww thank you. it doesn't help that nhs staff are being told to carry on as normal but then given such conflicting advice every day. I'm trying not to stress, but subconscious stress affects IBS too

• Posted

nope your not the only one, ibs and on top of that chronic acid reflux and i feel like i have cold so it makes me scared, and recently i have not be able to eat cause my tummy hurts or i dont have no appetite to eat or my acid reflux is affecting my eating, plus i just got over a stomach flu and i lost weight so all this stress is taking a toll on me

• Posted

can totally relate to what you say. I also have reflux. Its horrid isnt it ? Hope things settle down for you soon.

• Posted

i have ibs and coeliac disease on top of other allergies and i have to go to work through all this scary time, why i ask myself? we have been threatened with lack of pay if we don't turn up. i am disgusted, the WHOLE school is open??? why?

• Posted

you are not alone! The stress and anxiety i've felt from the virus has caused quite the flare up!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.