IBS anxiety diarrhoea

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello ive got severe anxiety and health anxiety and long story short the last year has been a nightmare of one illness after another. i have a few ok weeks then end up in bed my anxiety out of control. ive tried cbt and the mental health nurse has put me on modified release venlaflaxine instead of standard dose. i listen to podcasts read anxiety books and meditate. last week i had over a week of feeling brilliant hardly any anxiety and i even forgot about it for a short while and i started to do more and be more active. i was happy and optimistic more than i had been in a long time. Then wednesday i got up and had about 10 poos all before mid afternoon. They were solid but i freaked out, didnt sleep that night. then next day i had 2 theoughout day, a couple really urgent and loose. i did a sleep hypnosis tape and slept better. friday i again had urgent poos and loose and today is the same. i havent got any real nasty cramps bit im windy and have smelly flatulence. what i really want to know does this sound like ibs. i have been diagnosed with it and has it a long time and i quite often get a few urgent poos in mornings but it seems to have gone on a while and im so frightened its something else. has anyboy had similar? thankyou.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello,

I get the same thing all the time, I have been told IBS, it's been going on for years, I have had negative stool tests.

You haven't had long so it could be IBS, stomach flu, something you have eaten, plain nerves...if it lasts for a couple more weeks then it might be a good idea to speak to a doctor but at the minute it doesn't seem like anything too concerning.

Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.