IBS blood test

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

two months ago after a antibiotics therapy I started to have following symptoms:

• bloating
  • burping
  • cramping
  • abdominal pain
  • white mucus in stool
  • no blood in stool
  • watery loose stools
  • nausea

i had two colonoscopies in the past 2017 and 2018 and everything was ok. I had an endoscopy two weeks ago, everything is ok. An ultrasound scan two weeks ago, everything ok. Blood test for all allergies and food problems, everything ok.

I started with Fodmap diet and went gluten free and dairy free which helps a lot.

Today I received my blood tests:

Anti- Vinculin Antobody is higher than normal : 1.87 means positive

Anti- CdtB-Antibody is ok

Does this show clearly IBS ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi namesake again! i thought i would try to speak to you because no-one else has bothered! i am no expert at reading test results, i am sure someone on here can. i am surprised your doctor hasn't help you decipher them that's who needs to do this. i would ring your doctor's and get them to explain what your results actually mean. ti my mind your results are not clear enough - i think your doctor's may not be able to say whether you have it or not. you need to discover whether this is anything else? if you rule other things out you are left with IBS. goid luck!

• Posted

No test will show IBS because it is functional. The only way a doctor can confirm IBS is by ruling out other possible conditions with tests or diagnosing you after taking your medical history.Has your doctor told you have IBS? If all your tests are negative, your doctor can diagnose IBS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.