IBS Blood Test & Stool Test

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there

So about 3 weeks ago I had a blood test, the very next day I got a phone call saying that I was low on folic acid but everything else was fine with the tests and was told to collect some folic acid prescription done and dusted I dropped the stool sample off a couple of days later as I forgot to on the day of the bloodtest the same day I picked up the prescription, I heard nothing since handing it in 3 weeks ago and Im coming to the end of my folic acid (was advised to take for a month)

How ever today I got a call asking to come in and discuss my test results this upcoming Monday, Im wondering is this a bad sign? Surely they would of got back to me sooner if something was wrong and not wait 3 weeks? Also would this be to do with my stool and blood tests (maybe go more indepth with what the results were because I never really was told other than it was all good) or one or the otherĀ 

Also to note im in the process of getting diagnosed does this mean anything?

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Twiglet5G, I think go see your doctor, your brain is probably going 10 to the dozen wondering what this is. You need to put your mind at ease! Good luck let us know how you get on, hopefully you will be ok.
  • Posted

Hey TwigletSG....don't worry and stay positive....unfortunately you will have to wait and i know it sucks....but if blood tests are normal then there is less likely you will have the serious issue....so stay strongbiggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.