IBS C

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone else, when having an attack, have stomach ache and drive heaves when you are trying to have a bowel movement?   It's like i have been punched in the stomach.  I have been under attack for a while with the symptoms of just urgency to get to the bathroom and I end up with just mucous liquid and no real movement.  But, in the last three days, in the middle of the night, I have had more of a constipation type urgency with  very little movement and when  I am sitting there, all of a sudden I get nauseous and dry heaves with clear mucous.  All this is of course accompanied with back, stomach, abdominal pain and lots of gas.  Any help would be appreciated. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My stomach pain improves during and after a bowel movement.  Temporary relief of pain after a bowel movement is typical of IBS.  I have had nausea only with IBS mainly because of the pain. Maybe your symptoms are more related to your colitis.
  • Posted

Hi Anna, doctors will tell you so much and any bowel problems they will cover with oh it's ibs, maybe it makes their jobs easier? You seem to have something else I have ibs and only suffer nausea if I have a bug, otherwise I just have pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.