Ibs c

Posted , 6 users are following.

What’s people take for ibs c any ideas what is safe and works well 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Movicol/laxido used to work well for me
    • Posted

Thanks I have got some on this do I have to take it twice a day I was trying Fybogel but no help with that so far is molvical better and can u take it long term
  • Posted

hi lisa,i use to take movicol ,but now i take 4g suppository which you can get in chemists and supermarkets . 
  • Posted

I go toiket once a day but it’s hard to go and only few bits come out would that help
  • Posted

Hi Lisa, I have to ibsc and take either laxido or Fybogel if my bowel is totally blocked. X
  • Posted

I take occasional Buscopan and painkillers along with lots of fruit when I am constipated.  I find Buscopan very mild and I experience no side effects.
  • Posted

Follow the instructions on the box when taking Movicol.  You may find you have to adjust the recommended dose according to how bad your constipation is.   I tried Movicol and found I had to wait days before I felt a difference and then had to stop it when I felt my stools were getting too loose.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.