Ibs-c

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

Over the past 7/8 months i have slowly been developing some constipation issues. I have always been regular and never had any issues like this until around October last year.

I have been back and forth to my gp and all I was ever recommended and prescribed was laxatives and buscopan. The past few months this has got worse and my gp has mentioned is does sound ibs related but its always constipation and never anything else.

I have tried to stay away from as many wheat products as possible even though im not celiac and eating mote vegetables and a healthier diet. drinking more water etc... but nothing really seems to make a difference. I seem to have stomach ache everyday, sometimes its above my bellybutton and other times its lower.

I do have brief periods of relief but I've never really been able to find a trigger for what is setting my symptoms off.

I do have an appointment coming up from gastro so im waiting to see what happens there but I just feel like im alone with this! Does anyone else share similar symptoms??

Im 25 if that helps.

thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi lily, SNAP! not many people write on here about ibsc. it's exactly what i have but at 48 i'm almost twice your age. buscopan is ONLY, it doesn't speed up the bowel, so it is easier to go. you need a second opinion, an endoscopy, to rule out if it's anything else and possibly a suppository, which only today i have prescribed. my bowel is in agony today. i wish you luck, just feedjng you buscopan won't deal with the underlying cause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.