Ibs cramps, morning nausea

Posted , 5 users are following.

slowly titrating down mirtazapine but ibs and nausea on waking is bad.  Brain fog too.  Could imhave abdominal issues or is it the mirtazapine?

had gallbladder out two years ago. Take warfarin for previous embolism.

something is affecting my tummy and i dont know what to ascribe it to.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Could be, but you really, really, do need to go to your doctor. Your medication and previous medical history suggests urgent medical help and I do hope you go and get it. Don't want to alarm you or anything, but you will not find an answer to your condition here but you'll get plenty of suggestions and that's no good to you.  

• Posted

Could be, but you really, really, do need to go to your doctor. Your medication and previous medical history suggests urgent medical help and I do hope you go and get it. Don't want to alarm you or anything, but you will not find an answer to your condition here but you'll get plenty of suggestions and that's no good to you.  

• Posted

Thanks, first appt is a week away so will see what she says.
  • Posted

Some of these symptoms could be to do with your medications particularly brain fog and nausea. When you come off the mirtazapine, if these symptoms go away, you will know that this medication disagrees with you. Look at your medication leaflets to see if any of these symptoms are mentioned.  This is another way of finding out if you are having side effects. If you still have problems after coming off mitrtazapine, ask your doctor about changing your blood thinner to see if that makes a difference. 

Nausea is an IBS symptom and gallbladder surgery can also cause abdominal pain,IBS and nausea.  You may well be suffering from a combination of all these causes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.