Ibs-d

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I've had ibs-d for years now, I've had test after test which all come back clear, I've kept numerous food diarys which I cannot seem to see a trigger, I get terrible diarreah along with stomach aches that sometimes feel like my guts are either being twisting or on fire!!! On a really bad flare up it leaves me feeling very run down, worn out and dehydrated. I find it very hard to eat then leave the house to go out somewhere, I cannot eat on a road trip for fear of needing the loo, does anyone have even the smallest piece of advice as it would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

How often do You Get diarrea?.

Have you tried the fodmap diet? And have you tried a bulking agent normafibre,

It's maybe you have too much soluable.

Everyday I don't have a normal bm and a food trigger for me is red meat.

But I all I do everything right but still loose or small bm

Are There

I get your frustrated

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you for your reply I tend to go through phases I may have 4 or 5 days where I am completely normal then I'll have a terrible time where everything i eat affects me, I shall have a look at fodmap i think I have investigated this before, perhaps I could do another food diary along side it

Kelly

• Posted

Be so grateful for 4 or 5 days normal as that definately indicates it's only IBS - you must keep a food diary and you will

Probably find some food may be a trigger one that you aren't aware of.

If you study the list for a month and write down also each day a description of your movement you can look to see what might be causing it. But remember unless you are completely allergic the food you eat today won't pass through until 48 hours plus unless it's passing through more quickly. Cheers

I only wish that I could have one normal BM a day.

• Posted

Have your tried the Low Fodmap diet and Imodium?  Rice and bamanas are also good for binding you.
  • Posted

Try looking at dairy products.I love a cup of tea but find it makes things worse.Also some fruits seem to trigger my bowel.Have you thought of things like stress,you do mention worrying  about  going out to places.The other part of your issue dehydration,you can get  De hydration supplements either from your GP or chemist.Some dairy products can also trigger your IBS,have you kept a diary for things like.Tea,Coffee,Cerials,bread,anything with whole meal or what liquid intake you have.Hope this helps
  • Posted

Hi Kelly,

I don't know if it's been suggested but I also have IBS and when I have flare ups I start taking a probiotic. They do wonders. Once I go through a 4 week box I'm good for a few months. I hope this might help you too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.