Ibs d flair

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone , I have been diagnosed with IBS D and been taking meds for that and they have worked for the most part. Yesterday I had a flair and barely made it to the bathroom in my apartment I have not been eating like I should for the past two days, had some things I should not have eaten . The thing is I am about to take a business trip where I will be on the road for 8 hours , 4 there and 4 back, also be in meetings for a day and 1/2. They will feed us but I have no idea what usually it is pizza or mexican and I am not able to request a special meal so I am stressed I will have an " accident " in front of 115 Co workerstwhile and bosses . Any ideas ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bonnie i wish you should take that mes with you to help you if tou happen to eat those piZa and all but all i can say please so not be ashamed just order what you think you will be comfy when you eat and please do not provoke this sotuation again ( take care)
  • Posted

Hi Bonnie 9414.

What a horrible predicament. Short of calling in sick, I think what I would do is : I wouldn't have any hot drinks, they can give you the urge to go. I would take my own meal in a Tupperware container consisting of foods I know are safe. It doesn't matter what anyone says or thinks,it's your problem and you have to deal with it the best way you can.

From now until the day you leave, eat and drink only what you know is safe for you. Get your gut stable again before you set off.

Lastly and I'm sorry to be pessimistic, I would take spare underwear.

Good luck and try not to be anxious.

• Posted

Hi Bonnie, forgot to mention, I would take an Imodium before leaving the house.

Good luck

• Posted

Maybe prepare your own food before you go that you know is safe for you and take Imodium with you in case you do eat anything that sets you off and it will bung you up for a while.
  • Posted

I want to thank everyone for their replys . Because it is an overnight trip with ling times when I will have no refrigerator available I can not bring my own food. Bot I plan on bringing low fat snacks that will help . Everyone mentioned imodium , does that help? I have had very little success with that. I need the percription meds to have any effect , I am happy that y'all have had success with an over the counter med. Again that you all for your time .

• Posted

You could make up sandwiches that can be packed in a tupperware  box and that don’t require refrigeratiion.  I had an IBS D attack last year and it lasted three days and I didn’t make it to the loo on one attack. I took two Imodium after each meal and that stopped it.  

You could ask your doctor for something for the diarrhoea.  In Great Britain, we have Colefac which you can get on prescription for IBS D.  I’m presuming you’re in the US; maybe there is something similar there.

• Posted

Poppa, thank you for your response. The sandwich idea is a good one, I just have to think of something that would last for 8 hours without being kept cool. It is just an odd timeline to have food out without keeping it cool. I will bring nuts and dried fruit so that will help. I do have some meds bit with IBS D sometimes it works Sometimes it does not. Thank you for taking time to reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.