IBS destroying my life

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have IBS. It is destroying my life to the point where i do not want to life anymore with this horrible condition.

I have tried drugs like alverine buscopan but to no avail.

I have tried diet changes including the low fodmap diet but it did not cure my IBS.

No cure to this horrible suffering. Gas arrives by the dozen and i feel horrible pain.

I wish i was never born into this crap life. It is so unfair. Nature takes it's filthy course and defecates on the innocent. Is there a God? Show me. He deserves for making the innocent suffer. Shame on inequality. Shame on our society for failing to support people with ibs and telling them that there is no cure. No cure for this nonsense? Why wouldn't I commit suicide? I don't want to life until the age of 80 with this torture. I have had absolutely enough. Dumb incompetent twits are brain dead when it comes to health education. Can't even teach us about disease and how to deal with it which is why i suffered for so long UNTREATED. What a stupid world. Pathetic people expect us to life an average life. Shame on them.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi cvht

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are suffering with ibs my boyfriend is the same hes been so ill hes had to go to A&E on numerous occasions hes in pain every day and feels sick most days hes had endascope five times a colonscopy barium meal of bowel and they cant find out whats wrong they are putting it down to IBS hes also been told by consultant to follow fodmap diet you just dont know what you can eat as whatever he eats he has bad pains gurgling noises and lots of wind dont know where all this wind comes from it affects our lives so much we cant go and do things we would like to like holidays he lost two stone started suffering panic attacks and has been put on different medications buscopan lanzoperazol diazapam do you suffer constipation with your ibs he has both its so stressful

• Posted

I have just been diagnosed with IBS after having diarrhoea for 18 weeks, currently taking 3 x Mebeverine per day, certainly is helping me, I have also stopped taking my Lansoperazole as doc at hospital says these can cause diarhoea.

I know not every pill works for everyone buy worth a try, also cut out most dairy products, now use olive margarine.

Hopefully you get something that works shortly, cut down on portion size as well and cut out all leafy vegetables, may help with wind

• Posted

Hello I am ill every day.

Started 5 years ago. They kept saying IBS, tried peppermint oil, lot of things that the doctor said.

After about 2 years had some tests, first colonoscopy failed, could not get past the first sigmoid bend, left it a while and did a barium xray which did not show anything. Then a different doctor said I really should have a colonoscopy again this showed intussusception. and then waited another year and more tests, finally a proctogram which showed:

"This investigation showed the presence of a large enterocele which at the end of the test is compressing the superior aspect of the rectum at the anorectal junction while no intussusception was shown and the rectum was seen to have rapid emptying. The anorectal angle opens regularly and a moderate sized anterior rectocele was almost completely empty at the end of the test, not to be considered significant and no intussusception was demonstrated.

So unsure now the way I feel every day due to the internal problems and waiting an operation on this, or whether even after operation I will still feel this bad.

Operation they have said I should have is - "The pelvic MDT did recommend proceeding to laparoscopic ventral mesh rectopexy. "

Yes understand it gets you down, maybe your doctor will give you some tests to rule out other things.

Take care.

Michele

• Posted

my boyfriend said diazapam really helps his symptoms especially the pain he suffers on a daily basis. Have you ever been tested for helicobacter pylori infection because he started off with h pylori and his stomach has never been right since ask your gp for a breath test for h pylori as the symptoms are similar .. our consultant said ibs can be very debilitating in some people its horrible to suffer i dont know about you but my boyfriend seems to feel ill every day and in pain every day but he tends to have a flare up when he is so ill he cant eat at all as he feels so ill and in pain its so frustrating when drs cant find out the cause they say its ibs when they cant find whats wrong

• Posted

Hello yes in work and feeling not good. Insides like pinching a bit today, maybe need anti acids too, all this confusing, as could it be IBS could it be my internal problems, could it be acid.

Yes good to see if my doctor will do the breath test for h pylori

How do you get the h pylori thing?

Thanks

Michele

• Posted

helicobacter is a bug in your stomach, doctor will give you lot for stool sample, if positive is treated by 2 lots of antibiotics

You need to see doctor and get the system to start running more stringent tests.

Fingers crossed for you, also ask to see a dietician, they can give you very good advice in diet

• Posted

Hello. Will book doctor appointment and ask for the test and also for dietitian, prob 2 year wait, thats the thing as waited nearly 2 years for ENT and had 3 ear infections and trouble.

How are you, do you have IBS? have you had it for long?

Thanks Michele

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.