IBS diagnosed 25 years ago - but had blood tests recently....

Posted , 6 users are following.

Diagnosed with IBS over 20 years ago. Well, GP didnt really do any tests but I kept going back and in the end they basically told me to go away!

To be honest, I've never been right but past year or so its been worse.

Diarrhoea is the problem. Some days I'm ok some days not. I seem to be taking much more imodium than I used to.

I rarely get stomach pain, never constipation, but its a real inconvenience to say the least.

Im the first to admit my diet is terrible, I'm well overweight (so deffo no weight loss here!) but apart from that, I dont feel unwell or tired or anything like that. I do have a very stressful job and am a very stressy person (depression/anxiety problems in the past).

Not sure if its related but I've had problems with piles a few months ago (needed hospital treatment). Apart from when I get that - no problems with blood generally.

But, I went  back to GP recently - my wife made me. Reluctantly they did blood tests  (dont think it was full) inc inflamatory thingy. Got home today (3 days after tests) to find a letter asking me to go back for repeat blood tests in 3-4 weeks - bone profile and full blood count.

My wife (whos a nurse) is thinking colitis or crohns or something. And I think the worst?

But like I said I've not really got other symptoms.....

Is it possible my bloods have shown up inflamatory markers?

Also, why blood tests in 3-4week why not now?

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Deffo look at your diet, I cut out dairy and I do feel better. Your right have to have done tests. Check what you eat always.
    • Posted

I have not cut out dairy but I have cut down. Maybe start cutting down first.

Personally I find tea without milk frightfully uncivilised 

• Posted

Thank you

Yes I would rather have green tea and fruit tea rather than black tea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.