IBS diagnosis YEARS ago but new symptoms last few weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

Diagnosed IBS probably 20 years ago.....

Its never been severe more problematic. My diet is not the best, so its a constant issue pretty much.

Also, I've had problems with piles. Few years ago had to have a minor op on them.

So occasionally, I've had some blood.

Last few weeks has been a lot worse for some reason. Lot more mucus and blood. More persistent diarrhea - been through a lot of imodium.

Im 52 now (I know age is a factor). I'm hoping its just an IBS flare up (diet even worse over xmas!) but I dunno. Got a friend with UC and she says its like this. Of course, I guess everyone thinks the big C.

Don't want to go to the GP, they see IBS and just fob me off.

I do have private health insurance so I'm tempted to ask for a referral so they can check it all out. If so, what would they do?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Your health is important. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure so it's best to go for a check-up.

• Posted

It sounds like a IBS flare up. The bleeding could be from fissures or more piles. Diarrhoea can cause them. Have you been eating anything you wouldn't normally eat? Try a food diary to see if a food is causing trouble. Have you been stressed recently? You should see your GP who will be able to help you and will not fob you off. Your doctor may be able to suggest things you haven't thought of trying. Your doctor is the best place to go to get help and advice. IBS can change over time and cause anxiety.

• Posted

Piles/ hemorrhoids can be a life long problem, you can control it but most likely can never be eradicated completely in some cases. You can try the followings which have worked for many people:

1. sallow fresh papaya seeds immediately after cut without washing them for few days
    2. eat alot of bean sprout
    3. mix virgin coconut oil, sesame oil and castor oil and apply daily around anus/rectum for few days and when necessary thereafter.

And for diarrhea you should take charcoal pills as and when.

As you aware IBS is a life long issue, the best way to control is avoid food that triggers, no stress and anxiety. Keep your mind as blank as possible. Do not think unnecessarily and most of all control your anger. Try magnesium daily before sleep for sometime as this can make you calm.

Hope you will get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.