IBS flare up constant. Anyone else?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there.

I have recently been diagnosed with IBS - I think Ive had it forever but Dr finally said IBS.

My issue; and I"ve had enough of it to be honest, is that I have IBS all the time.

I never get a break.

I'm either constipated or loose stools.

Right now I'm constipated but when I do go it's soft and gross.

I"m so over it.

My stomach feels 'off,' all the time.

I can't eat anything as it makes me feel sick.

I have a 3 year old and I'm losing my mind.

I'm going back to the Dr again to demand a colonoscopy as I haven't had one.

I have done everything else though and they all came back clear.

Does anyone else go through this with IBS?

I hear of people only have flare ups every now and then but mine has been almost 8 months.

I"ve had maybe 1 weeks of normality and even then it was only 'more' normal than what I was experiencing.

I'm worried it's colon cancer or something else.

Can anyone help?

I just need to hear that I"m not alone really.

Thank you!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi really feel for you as I had the same problem, I have Ibs for a few years now and I have tried everything, then I came across an article in daily mail for symprove and it really works u take it every day before food drink, I go to the toilet everyday normal should I say and my stomach has gone down, the only problem is it not on prescription and is quite expensive I have mentioned it to doctor but they have never heard of it, give symprove a googled, hope you feel better soon 
  • Posted

Hello, don' worry it's most probably not colon cancer even if it's good to get checked for yoru peace of mind! My digestive system was never great but I started haveing real problems with IBS about a year ago after a 6 month antibiotoic treatment for Rosacea. It was dreadful, painful cramps in teh morning and after eating having to go to the toilet constantly etc. However the good news is  that it's pretty much under control now. I tried several things but nothing worked until I tried a 3 day only water fast as a sort of reset button. I also began vegan (no meat / fish / dairy) even if I'd say that i crack about once a week. i was began about 3/4 months before the fast, it worked for teh rosacea but not for the IBS. the fast worked for teh IBS but it took about a week after to be "normal". I'm now pretty much IBS free. Have a look at Furhmans book fasting and eating for health. It worked for me anyway.  Anyway, google and see what you think! Worked for me smile

• Posted

I have IBS and the same symptoms as you. I started taking probiotics and notice a improvement.. Anxiety flares mine up.. My doctor won't listen to me over this.. He says its ok to go 5 days with no bowel movement.. Good luck to you. ,❌❌❌
  • Posted

Hi Kinder, you are by no means alone in this. And symptoms typically Ibs. It's not a nice thing to have, your doctor should have given you Medications to help. Buscopan can be bought in the chemist it will help ease the discomfort.

The fodmap diet has helped greatly, hard to do at first but worth giving it a go. Look it up on internet. Do go see your doctor, stay strong and

keep to what you want. Good luck with it.

• Posted

Hiya

I have had 'ibs' for the past 11 years of my life, I had a colonoscapy and endoscopy and was found with many other issues including ulcers and ulcerative colitis

like you I do not get breaks and it is continuous all the time

The most likely option it that it is an ulcer for you

these made me feel sick to eat and your stomach may feel like it's turning

Demand that colonoscapy it rules out a lot

hope this helps!

• Posted

Thanks guys, Ive tried demaning a colonoscopy but I have to go private which as you all know is expensive.

i've had every test done under the sun!

I get cramps all the time no matter what i eat in the morning which is frustrating.

I have my dr's appointment tomorrow - he also told me i had gastritis a while ago and I think maybe that is causing issues as well. I will get an ulcer test done again as I had one done and it was clear. It definitely is stress, I"m going through divorce and custody issues. sorry gut! wink i hope to clear it soon, it's really awful isn't it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.