IBS From this?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone else experienced ibs like symptoms? Im really suffering with terrible right upper pain, bloating, and stomach pain. its so bad i can hardly move sometimes. All these pains after more than two years! Anyones experiences would be appreciated

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

i am suffering with left upper pain next to breast and thought it was digestive too.... dr said its lymph node ... oh so painful

• Posted

thanks lori, how are you doing other than the pain? my pain feels very deep and it sometimes goes down my right side or through to my back. i thought it was getting then it hit me again really bad. i can always feel something not right there

• Posted

yes thats it exactly !!!! it keeps me up at night and that seems to be the worst time . i also ( at the same time ) got a tingling in my left thigh with some shooting pains ... at first thought it was shingles but now think its all ebv. this has been going on about 3-4 weeks now

• Posted

Hi Lori,

Just wondering how you are doing at the moment, really hoping that these tingling symptoms and shooting pains settle down, you've been through so much and just wanted you to know I'm still keeping you in my prayers and thinking about you, and believing that God is working and going to get you well and back on your feet again. How is the therapy going?

Craig

• Posted

I have had digestive issues since i got sick but they found i have a hiatal hernia which is pretty common and can cause my symptoms but the mono may have made it worse for now since i didnt really have the issues before. Pain in upper left stomach behind edge of ribs and chest pain also. I did notice when i started eating healthier it seems to be better. They found gastritis early in mono which explained why i could not hardly eat and was so nauseated.

• Posted

Hi Ashley,

Last month I dealt with all three of these things, especially the stomach pain and bloating (alongside constipation and diarrhea). I've read on several different forums here that some people experienced IBS with mono and I feel like I may have read something about it in a study before, but I couldn't say for sure. If the pain is so severe that you can barely move sometimes though, you should see a doctor about it (If you haven't already) just to rule out more serious conditions.

• Posted

Hi Ashley,

I hope so much this IBS type pain / symptoms settles down - I remember having feelings of being bloated and definitely some bother in that upper right stomach area too when going through the virus.

Just so sorry to hear it's been so intense for you and been going on for so long, it's definitely worth checking in with the doctor and asking them to check that area and the spleen, especially if finding it hard to move. Usually the doctor can tell if the spleen is swollen through a simple external examination. Hoping it's nothing like that and it may well just be the lingering effects of the mono and that glandular area.

Peppermint, ginger root and chamomile can all be good herbs / supplements to take for bloating / digestion, I've found them all very helpful, maybe worth considering if not already taking them - of course just check for any interactions with other conditions / medication before taking any herbs / supplements.

Hang in there Ashley, I'm still believing that better times are ahead for you and that these symptoms are going to go completely - thinking about you.

Craig

• Posted

Hi all, I was diagnosed 4 weeks ago and somewhat getting better but my anxiety is terrible. I still get tingling on my face a and eyes (can't even describe it), the headaches still come and go. I also have noticed bloating and reflux. All you want is to go back to your normal self. I'm glad I found this forum to put our minds at ease a little but can't help to think the worst at times.

• Posted

Hi Patricia,

So sorry to hear you've been going through such a tough time with mono these past few weeks, I really do empathise having went through the virus many years ago.

Hoping so much that all these horrible symptoms settle down soon - the first few weeks in my experience were awful but really want to encourage you Patricia that things will get better - this virus does go away, frustrating thing is it can take a little time so don't panic if that's the case, because absolutely you will get better with time from this - the anxiety that goes with it is so horrible too, thinking about you.

Things that helped me included taking vitamins and herbs - a good strong multi-vitamin per day (I take Immunace Extra which is on sale here in the UK), higher doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), a B complex vitamin and / or Co-enzyme Q10 per day (great for nervous system and energy levels) and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng and echinacea. Of course when taking supplements it's so important to check for any interactions with other medication / conditions first. I'm no expert in this by any means just going on what helped me and from my own research.

Hang in there Patricia and message any time - a lot of great and supportive people on the forum who understand what it's like to go through this dreaded virus - and remember you will get better with a little time!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.