IBS help

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello im gabriele 35 years old

all started 3 months ago when i had difficulty to go to the bathroom i was going 5/6 time por day and doing really small amount

had positive occult blood in stool and did a colonoscopy and ct scan with contrast both negative with hystologic resoult also negative

blood test all normal

calprotectin on 50

c reactive protein negative

abdominal ultrasound didnt show anything a part some air in the intestine

doctor told me is IBS

few days ago during avacuation i had some bright red blood on toilet and got scared

my stool are quiete normal in the morning amd then during the day are really soft and foamy and sometimes i have mucous orange in that

now the sympthoms are persisting every day at the begging was just a week and coming back to normal

my belly make a lot of noise

i have try to change my diet but didnt work

im very scare

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

How have you tried to change your diet? What have you tried to cut out? Have you kept a food diary?

IBS means you have a bowel which is being irritated by something you are eating and you have to try and find the culprit food. It can be a long, difficult road but worth it in the end. For a start, have you tried excluding all food products which contain gluten? this is mainly bread, cakes, biscuits, pies, pastries. There are lots of listed gluten free foods in the supermarkets as this is a well known problem. You have to exclude each food for at least 2 weeks to see if it makes a difference.

If you have already done this have you tried excluding all dairy products?...another well known irritant ie milk, yoghurts, cheese, fromage frais, cream, and any food that contains these items.

Dont give up.

• Posted

I tried to cut lactose and gluten but didnt work

I would know if i should do another colonoscopy or I should relax and dont think could be something serius after all the examen that i did

probably my trigger is the anxiety

• Edited

yes, anxiety can certainly trigger IBS symptoms. Have you tried cutting back on all animal fat in your food. A high fat intake can cause orange foamy stools. Cut out all burgers, sausages, bacon, cheese, and cut the fat off meat. Dont eat lamb, which is a notorious high fat food and only have fully skimmed milk. IBS sufferers often find that a vegan diet helps them. The vegetable fats dont have the same effect. Keep trying.

• Edited

Have you tried taking a prebiotic? Plenty to choose from in the health food shops.

• Edited

i will try to go vegan for a little be and see

im currently taking probiotic from one week

thanks for the support

• Posted

Whatever you do, dont expect miraculous results in a short time . It can takes weeks or months to find that elusive irritant[s]. You have to keep fine tuning your diet.

• Posted

Hi, I've had IBS for the past couple of years (like a hot fire down there) but then I heard about a possible relief called 'The Lion Diet' which involves eating a lot of meat, so I tried it and amazingly it seems to be working, fingers crossed.

I suppose the human gut likes lumps of meat (cavemen thrived on it)..:)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.