ibs ibd? help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I've been suffering with stomach pain for as long as I can remember . I was diagnosed with ibs when I was about 15 but it's just getting worse. I have tines when I'm fine and then times like at the moment when I'm so ill. Currently I'm going thorough the worst I've ever had I was discharged from hospital on Thursday after a 4 day stay because the doctors don't know what's wrong. I keep getting water infections all the time and stomach pain which can cripple Me over one minute and then be fine the next. I'm currently on my 2nd week off work. I just want to find what's wrong with me

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Have you had any testing? Like samples or colonoscopies? Keep going at your doctor or even get referred to a gastroenterologist! Have you had your kidneys checked too? Maybe even seeing a urologist too? I was rushed in after collapsing in a changing room after all my ibs first started and the hospital just told me it was probably a kidney stone. That was two years ago and I'm still ill with this pain!

So sorry to hear what you're going through. It sounds really similar to mine sad really hope you're okay. Just keep at your doctor to carry on testing and referrals until something comes up!!

Big hugs!!

• Posted

I have every test under the sun. My gp has referred me to gastro which my appointment is on Wednesday the only thing I haven't had is only colonoscopies. So maybe that's my next stop
    • Posted

They'll probably do that next. I had my fourth one on friday, just waiting for results. But they will be able to see everything and take biopsies so that may give you answers!

Keep us updated!

Good luck! smile x

• Posted

Hopefully I just want to know. I think I could cope better if I knew what it was I always get the feeling people think I'm being ott but it makes me feel rubbish. Like today we have a family party I'm so not feeling up to lots of people but if I don't shown my face ill get told. It's so hard.

And yeah ill let you know what happens on Wednesday

• Posted

Yeah it's the not knowing that makes it worse isn't it. I've had it for two years now and since last October I have been pretty much house bound and can't work or anything as mines ibs-d. It gets very stressful.. I was put into counselling, have you been offered that? Sometimes it can help a little bit.

Don't let anyone put you down about it. And try not to let people's comments get to you. They have no idea what you're going through. And they have no right.

Just stick a laxative in their drink and see how they like it :p x

• Posted

Ha! I like that idea! I've been through a lot the past year and I'm wondering whether the stress I put myself under has helped me to the the state I'm in now x
    • Posted

Haha!

Most definitely. People say to stop stressing but it's something you can't physically stop thinking about. It's a lot easier said than done!

I fell into depression with mine and it made everything a hell of a lot worse with the stress. My advice to you is to not let it get the better of you.. Which again is easier said than done but if you feel like it's getting too stressful ask your doctor to refer you to a counsellor. I mean they don't really know anything about it but being able to just rant out about it all really helps lift a weight off your shoulder. smile x

• Posted

Yeah even just talking to you knowing you know where I'm coming from helps. I even signed myself up to the wolf run in September for something to focus on I need to get this under control I need a life. X
    • Posted

Yeah definitely! Was just telling my mam about you and saying how it's good, well not good ha but you know what I mean, that someone else is going through the same thing and can understand.

Eeh what's wolf run? x

• Posted

Hi, it's frustrating what is wrong with you. I agree with other members, there's denfinry something wrong. I suggest you see another doctor. Good luck
  • Posted

Hey I was like that I had a infection goin on I get the stomach pain like the cripple one kills then goes away don't know what it is till today I don't know but I think it's to do with the surgerys I've had , I've had numerous surgerys tell the doctors to do MRI that is really good my consultant always requests that or a endoscopy hope you get will soon
  • Posted

I am recently diagnosed and sympathise completely.

At any time recently have you taken a bowel preparation to completely empty your bowels?

The reason I ask is that I had a bowl prep prior to my CT colonoscopy which showed no issues and afterwards felt fine for about 6 weeks or so. This certainly confirmed the IBS diagnosis for me and in a strange way gave me some reassurance that it was not something more sinister.

This may be worth mentioning to your GP.

i am now trying to tailor my diet to combat the symptoms.

• Posted

Hi everyone sorry I didn't reply I was taken into hospital at the start of June and since then my health hasn't been brilliant have had a mri scan and am booked in for an colonaspy on Tuesday so hopefully get some answers x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.