IBS: is it possible for my stomach to ever feel "normal" again???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone, sorry for so many mentions related to my issues, but doctors are no help and I really need to know how to control this ridiculousness. So I have had abdominal discomfort mostly for a few months now, and so I was just wondering if my stomach will EVER get back to the normal routine of feeling "normal"?

I'm sick of it, my stomach hasn't relaxed for a long time and I can't stop thinking about it, most of the time it isn't painful, but I guess that's because I'm taking degas for the pain. And so it will mostly feel just "OFF" with discomfort (not pain) that rotates, which will then lead to a few seconds of bloating etc.(worst pain is bloating)

It's literally a continuous non stop cycle (unless I'm in the shower it feels great!)

So just wondering, how can I stop this UNCOMFORTABLE feeling? That's all I need to know, there is no need to go into detail as I already know my issue, just a plan or something? PLEASE!!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Drs do provide help in subscribing some medicines which do provide some relief though temporary. I am also labelled with this problem though I do not feel any pain or too much discomfort. I do take ordinary fibres; fibres may or may not porovide relief due individual response.
    • Posted

Fibre provided relief for me when I took osmolax due to constipation, then a lot of fibre on the same day. I woke up brand new, and so then slowly, say two weeks later the pain came back, but itwas as bad and wasn't as bad since that time. But still, it's fairly uncomfortable and gets bloated at times, for a few seconds.

• Posted

I recently started taking IBGard and I have seen considerable improvement. Not gone but much better.
    • Posted

Oh really? Hmm might give it a try, but yes, there are many things... but only one solution works I guess, that's why it's hard to find a solution for me

• Posted

Didn't this also work with your uncomfortable feeling? Such as tightness, feeling of something there, stitch etc?

• Posted

Yes it did work on the bloating, gas and nausea. Its kinda expensive but well worth it. I also take one probiotic a day that my Dr put me on.
    • Posted

Rp you change your diet? Or has it always been a healthy diet? As I think diet might bye cntribute my issue, where medication by itself may not do it, so I think changing my diet might help. Thanks for info!
    • Posted

I try to watch what I eat especially if I am having a flare up but overall I have always tried to eat healthy so I do think a healthy diet helps.
    • Posted

I mean, de-gas was recommended by my docto, it helped with the pain as mentioned, but weird how I got a few seconds of bloating the other day rolleyes other then that, the pain is gone, but its that annoying uncomforting stomach feeling, where when I feel like urinating or passing stools, it bis comes tighter and stitch like. Odd

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.