IBS or cancer? Scared

Posted , 15 users are following.

GRAPHIC IMAGE BELOW

I am a 19 year old male and yesterday and today ive had too poops that i posted below. i have really bad health anxiety so this is worrying me a lot. Sometimes my poop looks like this and sometimes it doesnt. also sometimes after i poop ill have to wipe again and itll have yellow parts in it. This has been happening for months but i havent worried about it until reading about it. ive heard of things like colon and pancreatic cancer and im scared i could have that. i also eat a lot of fast food which i hope contributes to these things. i know im really young and its not likely that i have cancer but im still scared. ive also heard of ibs which im hoping is all this is. could anybody please help me with this because im really worried about it and havent eaten much because of it. ive been to two doctors and one said it was anxiety and the other gave me laxatives. i guess what im trying to say is that if i had cancer ir something like that i would be losing a lot if weight and before i started worrying about it i was eating and not losing weight. Could the yellow stuff mean that cancer has spread or is this all a ibs/diet/anxiety thing? any help would be greatky appreciated. thanks. imageimage

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I DO HAVE SAME COLOURED POOP WITH SAME CONSISTENCY

And havent consult any doctors cause im afraid to do so

Do you experience excessive gas

• Posted

I have IBS and that is what my stool looks like as well been dealing with it for years now.

• Posted

i had simular poo. i got to the point where it was ruling my life, scared to go anywhere. Eventually i went to the doctors and i had a stool sample done and blood tests. They came back clear and i went back to doctors and they booked me in for a colonoscopy. Yes i was terrified but i wanted to know what was happening. At the end of the day IF it was cancer the earlier you treat the longer you live! In my case it wasnot and actually the op was nowhere near as bad as i feared, Put it like this, i didnot feel the camera go in after the drugs they give you, After they said it was ibs and i tried buscopan and colpermine that basically done nothing for me, I got prescribed something else stronger by doctor and again it was useless. Was getting to stage of 4 to 5 lopemide tablets a day and alot of my mornings were very restricted. The last 2 months i was prescribed amitriptyline which is a antidepressant. I was not depressed by the way. It seems to have had a very positive effect and now only have maybe one bad morning in the last 3 weeks and that was after curry! If you are worried you must see the doctor and keep seeing the doctor until something helps. Its a journey but even to rule the worst out (cancer) in your mind is a start even if its not a cure. Im not saying im cured by any means but the last 2 months is alot better than my last 10 years! good luck and start chasing the answers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.