ibs or colon c? very stressed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. I am 35 years old female and have a daughter just under 2. I have for most of adult life suffered from hard stool and I have a , fissure as a result that comes and goes from time to time. I have also experienced occasional pain in my lower to mid right abdomen that can last a whole day and be gone the next. Now for the past two weeks I have been having a change in bowel movements to looser stools and mild cramps. There are also pains on my right that are localized and come and go. Not sharp but feel like something is in there. And as I said they come and go. I also have lots of gas and extreme intestinal growling. Another thing I experience is bruised like feeling in ascending and transverse colon. Especially after a bowel movement. I usually will have a day or two without cramps and going to the toilet only once to going 3 to 6 times in a row. Never had this problem before. Very afraid this is something really bad. Been to Dr and we have done a complete blood count and all is fine. I suffer usually from severe health anxiety and have been back and forth at Dr and she is sending me for a urgent colonoscopy within two weeks and she thinks it could be ibs or some form of ibd. No blood in stools. So while I am waiting for an appointment my anxiety has been going through the roof. Please if anyone has any thoughts or any input it would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Bella,

Lynn has all excellent advice...follow them.

You don't show the symptoms of the big C..therefore

stop the worry...you don't need  cortisol to wreck

more havoc on your body.

Your symptoms mimic an obsturction somewhehere

within the secum/valves/junctions. Inflammation for sure.

UC patients are prescribed CBD, discuss with your chemist

or pharmacist...its an intestinal anti inflammatory and should reduce pains.

Some patients that experience similar symptoms have found major improvements with a simple massage exercise..very light (not pressing) hand movement (circular motion) begining from the appendix area up the ascending, across the transverse, and down both the descending and sigmoid, then around again....a few patients have used light finger tapping around the securm during the massage that they feel is more beneficial. CBD could be very important between now and colonoscopy day..subject to your pharmicist of course.

You'll soon get well, and all of this will be behind you. Ann

• Posted

Ann,

thank you as well for the wonderful response. I know what you mean I also feel sometimes I need a bang on the head :-) lol . I do tend to catastrophise alot when it comes to my health issues. I will definitely be taking all your advice on board not sure about the cbd I think the only way to get it would be through a prescription not sure if my gp will agree before she gets the Colonoscopy results. But I will phone her and ask, see what she says. Have agood evening and thanks again for everything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.