ibs or intestinal "bug"?

Posted , 6 users are following.

for dinner last night i had two helpings of lasagna followed by a big bowl of icecream

later in the evening i was wakened by these twingy cramps in my gut and this morning I'm having diarrhea

I'm well aware of watching my diet but sometimes i indulge,i'm not perfect😒

so what gives?? is this an ibs flare-up or just some kind of bug?? by the way,my stomach is fine,no nausea ??

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Something has caused your ibs to flare. A virus you'd know about. I've just had one and it's taken me a whole week to recover, because of my ibs. I end up with the runs, temperature, SHARP pains at the top of my stomach, headache and feeling drained. A flare up should ease quickly a virus won't.

• Posted

Have you been diagnosed with IBS? If you have, you may have had a flare up. Try eating little but often.  Sometimes with IBS, you can get reactions if you overload your stomach.  You may also have had a reaction to dairy.
    • Posted

yes i have been diagnosed with ibs😔 and i know it's not a good thing to overload your stomach,but food tastes so good to me😀😒

• Posted

lasagna - meat, Bacteria or bug central if it was not prepared correctly or even packed correctly at the supermarket, left out TOOOOO LONG and the bacteria was allowed to breed. not that I want to suggest all meat is a risk, but I have seen meat at the supermarket that Ii have picked up, with packing date that is really suspicious or too old to be safe, I make a point of returning it to the manager at the front desk and I make a fuss about it, as well, much to my husband embrasement and annoyance, but i consider I am protecting the little old lady or person with impared sight.  Be very careful of packed meat.

Other than that too much food all at once, too much fat and sugar in one serving for your poor tum.

• Posted

I totally agree lyn,way way too much fat and sugar!😳😳

• Posted

IBS is just a cluster of symptoms it's not a diagnosis of its self there is always a reason behind the IBS. Look it up, doctor only diagnose IBS bc your symptoms are not serious and most times can be healed by changing your diet and exercise. Well at least what my doctor told me at my last check up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.