Ibs or not

Posted , 6 users are following.

every month i get this pain near bladder or ureatus can ibs cause pain in one spot or feel like its in one spot i have consirpation and little loose bowels some times i take lactose to help go also the pain eases a little after going but still feels like its irratated near bladder anyone else feel like this whats peoples reviews

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry but I don't know what "eureatus" is. Frequent urination, or feeling the urge to urinate, is certainly a symptom of IBS, and the pain associated with IBS can be in a specific area but it can also move around. It might be worthwhile seeing your GP - you might have a urinary tract infection which is easily treated.

JAN

• Posted

IBS pain tends to move about; some have it mainly on the left side. Pain improves a little with having a bowel movement. Bowel habits fluctuate between constipation and or diarrhoea and some experience bladder sensitivity. Have you tried a food diary and monitored stress levels? If you have not seen a doctor, make an appointment with one to confirm you have IBS.

• Posted

Hi lisa, how old are you if you don't mind me saying? Is it when you ovulate or during or just before a period, my goes mad about these 2 times each month. Ask your doctor if you are worried.

• Posted

im 42 my docs ate s**t havent a clue ive had colocnscopy and have pelvic scan all clear im confused

• Posted

I was 42 when I was diagnosed with IBS and initially my doctors didn't have a clue either despite lots of negative tests. It took eight visits to several doctors over a period of three and a half months to get diagnosed.

• Posted

Hi Lisa,i think i have finally cracked it. I take 1-2 sachets of Fybogel a day , my bowel now feels better. Let's see how long it lasts.

• Posted

No. Why i take it does it to you, it's feasible you took too much, or you've been unlucky. It should make your bowel easier to move but not like that! If you have genuine diarrhoea (and i am not doubting you), then it's possible you've possibly picked some nasty bug, poor you not much fun is it? Or you could be stressed.

• Posted

im suffering similar now. im not sure if its due to ovulation or IBS. whenever ive had a IBS flare up in past its usually intense stomach cramps that come in waves, loose stools and just feeling unwell.

but how i feel now isnt quite the same. i have a period tracker on my phone and it gives me a rough idea of when ill ovulate and its around this time. i came off pill (after being on it 14 years) due to it causing sore breasts so im not used to having period/ovulation pains. its like a heavy feeling low down, can feel it when walking feels like something is pressing on bladder, its mainly really low down on abdomen but i get the occasional shooting pain in upper stomach and bowl area..stomach is tender to touch and i am bloated...also i am constipated!!! i had this same feeling couple months ago and have it again now. you think its IBS or ovulation?

• Posted

Ovulation pain can be made worse by IBS: the two pains can combine. Before my IBS diagnosis, I thought it was my period/ovulation causing the trouble but it was actually undiagnosed IBS making the pain worse. Hormones can affect IBS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.