IBS or Parasites? and Hemorrhoids! *GRAPHIC*

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey guys,

I'm eighteen and graduated college last year. When I was fourteen I remember my anus area got very itchy so I scratched it alot resulting in swelling (I think it was hemorrhoids). I was too embarrassed to tell my parents so I waited and applied cream on it. However, the damage was already done and the swelling resulted in loose skin in which I feel ashamed about to this day.

Fast forward a couple weeks and I began noticed a bit of mucus and these white balls in my stool. To give you a brief description of these small "white balls", they kind of look like tonsil stones. I also noticed thin red slices on my stool too. They look like if someone made tiny slices on a tomato and rolled them up carefully.

To make it worse, this year another thing began showing up in my stool. It's hard to describe what it looks like but i'll try my best to describe it:

It seems like there are white pieces--of probably worm skin?--in my stool. I'm not sure if it's a tape worm, but it looks like little pieces of it my stool. I know it's gross but I'm starting to worry now. So far this has only appeared three times but I'm scared if it really is a parasite.

I've had this issue for probably four and a half years and I haven't experienced any negative symptoms. I live comfortably except from the fact that I have these weird things in my stool. I don't have nausea, headaches, or any dizziness

I can't help but think that I got this from my freshman year of high school. I don't know why but something about this event always makes me wonder if this is why I have this:

I remember in my first year of high school, my friend bought her own lunch to school. I remember she shared a can of peanuts with me and I began eating them with her. I know this sounds stupid, but maybe there was something bad in those can of peanut because a few days after I got hemorrhoids! I heard that certain foods can actually trigger hemorrhoids--peanuts included! But why is this affecting my stool?!

I'm sorry if this story has grossed you out. I am too embarrassed see a doctor because that will mean that I will have to tell my parents. My mom isn't the most calm person in the world and she would probably shame me for it. I just wonder if I'm the only person who is struggling with this and what I can to to cure it.  

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.