IBS or something else

Posted , 4 users are following.

1.5 month ago , i have blood in stools ( after bowel movement , so the blood is not in the poo ) for 4 days in a row .

After it stops , my stomach get cramp ( feels like you have workout like sit-up and tomorrow your abs will feel "cramp" ) .

Its runs until now , with 4 days have it , 2 days off .

And blood in stools still there once a week .

After 1 month , i go to GI , he says i have hemmoroid ( he have confirm after check my ass ) and IBS .

I dont have vomit , nausea , lost weight .

I have cramp in this zone

GI give me hemoroid medicine .

Its stop bleeding almost 2 weeks now . The cramp is getting better

but i have very sharp pain few days ago after i drink very little coffee 😃 . Yes im coffee lovers but i quit coffee after i get first blood stools , but i couldnt resist so i try a bit .

Also , i notice that i have constipation for 3 days , but the rest is very soft stools and thin but not long .

the folowing days , sharp pain is there but rarely show and only very short time ( just one time two time a day with 10 seconds period ) .

Now the cramp is moving to the higher zone

And yes im a bit stressed nowdays and i ever got external hemoroids few years ago .

Im 37 years old and dont have any family with IBS and colon cancer .

Anyone can give me any enlightment ? I schedule for colonoscopy around end of Jan - early Feb due to my workload .

And lastly , how long IBS will last ? i read article says its last around 3-4 months , thats why i want to check it on Jan - Feb if this is still stay

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Your doctor confirmed you have IBS; accept his diagnosis. IBS is a life long condition. What you have read about IBS lasting a few months is not correct. There is no cure, only symptom management with anti spasmodics and diet change if necessary. Your doctor should have told you this.Tests will not show IBS because it is functional and not a problem with the structure of your colon. A colonoscopy will only rule out bowel conditions other than IBS. Not everything you read about IBS is accurate . I have looked at IBS sites that give completely wrong information. Trust only what your doctor and IBS patients tell you about IBS . Everyone has their own individual symptoms and response to treatment varies.

Look at the low Fodmap diet or do a food diary. to see if you have other food intolerances. Bowel habit change, come and go pain that moves about, intolerances to foods and drinks such as coffee are all symptoms of IBS.Sometimes, IBS pain can be constant. While having a family member with IBS can predispose you more to the condition, it does not mean you won't get it because you don't have a family history of IBS. Anyone of any age can get it no matter their circumstances. Try stress management techniques because anxiety and stress can both trigger and aggravate IBS.

You will not get rid of IBS completely after a few weeks or months, so do not expect this. If symptoms do die down, it is because your IBS has merely gone into remission but it can still come back if triggered by stress or food. Everyone had their own individual trigger.

• Posted

the sharp pain i had, i get it after a bowel movement or if i had eat something bad, but i also heard ibs can last months as well,mines last the max 3 weeks , this pain can be anywhere,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.