Ibs or something serious?!

Posted , 8 users are following.

So in January I felt as if I had an upset tummy, I ended up going to the doc because I had pain in mid to low left abdominal area. Doctor sent me for a ct which only a tiny ovation cyst was found, pain stayed so I had ultrasound, blood work, stool sample & endoscopy! All came back clear! So I was sent to my gyno to look further in that area since cyst was seen. All was good but endometriosis was suggested! I am at a loss! I have constant pain in where my ovary/intestines are, bowels have changed I get constipated or diarrhea, nausea, pain in thighs, low back pain. Should I push for colonoscopy? My gi says he’s done some pretty invasive tests & to follow through with gyno which would be a lap surgery! Any suggestions or help!? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If you want the tests, get the tests and it may give u piece of mind.

I never had all that i was just watching what ate,excersised, and had hot water bottle on guts.

Dr checked me as pain/cramps were going around back and thought it may b kidneys, but in the end it was ibs and anxiety.

1 week of cbd oil and Colpermin and was still takeing omeprazole and i felt so much better.

Still not out of the woods yet but i can see the light and the cramping has 90% gone 😀

• Posted

Follow through with gyno and if that shows norhing, push for colonoscopy.  If that shows nothing, you may be diagnosed with IBS.
  • Posted

Are you ovulating? Or getting your period? It will be most sensitive around that time. Did doc tell you cyst will dissolve on its own? Or they have to watch that cyst? I had a cyst and it dissolved on its own . Which they usually do.

I wouldn't worry..But take supplements to help bloating if that's what your feeling 

Good luck. On a good note. You took all the tests needed and all good 

• Posted

Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is not actually a disease. It’s a gastrointestinal syndrome, the name for a constellation of symptoms that can make you feel very uncomfortable in a few different ways. The symptoms typically include constipation, abdominal pain, bloating, gas, mucus in your stool and diarrhea. Some people with IBS suffer more from constipation than diarrhea and vice versa. And still others experience alternating symptoms—constipation, followed by a bout of diarrhea, followed by another round of constipation. People often confuse IBS with a number of other disorders and diseases, since it does have some symptoms in common with other conditions. For example, you might also experience indigestion, fatigue, headaches, and backaches, which can overlap with other syndromes and illnesses. It may help to learn what symptoms are not associated with IBS, and if you develop any of these issues, it might be worth asking your doctor to reconsider your diagnosis. 
  • Posted

I would suggest to set your mind at ease, do have a colonoscopy and also look into it possibly being your gallbladder.  You need to get to the bottom of this I feel.
  • Posted

Ive has my gallbladder & all those main things checked! So I don’t think it’s that. It’s so hard to say but around my cycle it’s a lot worse & my cyst ruptured! I just have constant pain like someone is pulling or pinching my insides 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.