IBS or worse?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys, I have been panicking lately because I think I have colon cancer.  I have been gassy for a while now and up until a couple of days ago my bowel movements were regular but sometimes it feels like I am not quite done after I go.  Yesterday I took a stool softener and went a couple times after even though it was in the form of diaherrea. I am 31 and have always been pretty regular. I am freaking out because I have been having some discomfort in my left side which feels muscular (worse in certain positions, running, etc) My calm self says it’s just normal IBS but of course I hear about someone who was diagnosed with colon cancer and I freak out. No blood, no change in appetite, just gassy and feeling constipated even tho I go in one form or the other everyday. No history of it either.  I know it’s probably nerves as I am constant my anxious and get scared at thwbslightest aches and pains. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Might be IBS judging by your symptoms  Though see your doctor for a firm diagnosis and reassurance. Don't worry, it will make you feel worse.

• Posted

Going to  the doctor will make me feel worse? Lol 
    • Posted

No, I meant worrying will make you feel worse.  However, seeing doctors can also add to anxiety.
    • Posted

True, I feel like I have been to the doctor so much this year and all for no reason. 
    • Posted

I went to doctors for three and a half months before I got diagnosed with IBS. Keep going back to your doctor until you get answers.
    • Posted

I’m sure that’s what it is. I will go if it doesn’t get better 
    • Posted

If you have IBS, it won't go away completely. The best you can hope for is long periods of remission.  Some people do get rid of it, but it doesn't happen like that for everyone.  It is important to get an official diagnosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.