Ibs pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello i have been in pain now for about 10 days, iv got really bad stomach pains mainly top of my stomach, if I burp it eases a bit but then just comes back again iv been feeling sick and going to the loo about 4 times a day, iv had tablets for ibs but dont seen to be doing anything, it's really starting to drive me mad, I do suffer from anxiety so I'm probably making things worse I'm just wondering if this sounds like ibs?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I also have a slight burning sensation now and then in my stomach But not heart burn.
  • Posted

I have you been diagnosed with IBS? It is possible that you have it, but you should keep going back to your doctor since tablets have not worked.  Ask for tests.

• Posted

the doctor said it sounds like ibs, i have had ibs before but this time it seems alot more painful and im generally not feeling well and its been going on for 10 days now, i have also been diagnosed with h pylori a few year back but had treatment for that, the problem is i made the mistake of googling it, and im now worried i could have a crohns disease , perforated bowel or something similar and its now making me very anxious and worried
    • Posted

IBS doesn’t go away completely.  It can come and go, be very very mild or be extremely painful.  Symptoms can also be constant.  Some people have years of remission and then suddenly it comes back with a vengeance. I have had these problems with IBS.

Since you have had IBS before, it sounds like a flare up.  Flare ups can last for hours, days, weeks or months.  My first flare lasted 3 and half months.  When you worry, this will make you symptoms much more painful and longer lasting.  Don’t google your symptoms.  Your doctor will help you.  Sometimes  you need to try different antispasmodics before finding a suitable one. What medication were you given?

A burning sensation in your stomach can also happen with IBS.  I had multiple health anxieties pre diagnosis because no one could help me and I googled too much. Health anxiety is very common with IBS. 

• Posted

I have kinda going Thur the same thing right now! I am burping like crazy! And it does feel like pressure was released when I burp but like you it does come back! 

I also have stomach pain and have yellow diarrhea and it's been going on for 2 weeks now. I am waiting to see a Gi doctor hopefully soon! I have been told in the passed I have ibs but not sure which type. Sorry I couldn't help with your question just wanted you to know your not alone.Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

thanks lisa, i did have diarrhea but that as got better but not completely,  its just the pain and sickness felling thats driving me mad. i hope you get better soon and thanks for the message
    • Posted

If you mainly have diarrhoea with your IBS, this is IBS D.  I wasn’t told either what type I had but I worked it out myself that I mainly had IBS C and occasionally A which is a mixture of constipation and diarrhoea.  Your bowel habits will tell you which type you have.
  • Posted

I'm been looking around the internet at my symptoms and it sounds very much like dyspepsia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.