IBS. Pain and nauseated feeling

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I just have a question to you all who are suffering from IBS. I have been having IBS for almost 5 years now and the symptoms are getting worse. 5 years ago, I noticed that I had what you call it attacks almost every morning after breakfast. I would feel much better after the restroom use, but I would still have constant pain in my lower abdominal area(usually below umbilicus). The pain would not go away, it would just be there. ThE pain still exists to this day. The pain is not necessarily sharp, but it is still uncomfortable and affects my daily life. Two more symptoms I have are nausea and dizziness. I dont just necessarily have these symptoms when I am under attack (the time when I need to rush to restroom), I have them almost everyday 24/7. Theses symptoms get especially bad in the morning for some reason..

Long post short, do you suffer from nausea, constant abdominal pain and dizziness even when you are not in attack?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Nausea, cramps and dizziness but predominantly when I am having an attack.

I can sometimes suffer from sickness without an attack but intermittent.  I also have intermittent cramp even when I am fine but once again not constant. I only get dizzy after a long attack or if I am under a lot of stress.

• Posted

PS I eat better now. I have cut out meat, most teas, cut down on bread and eat more fruit and veg and drink camomile tea now and seems to have helped.
  • Posted

You can get enteric coated peppermint capsules you take before

Food they relax digestive system stop cramps etc,

I always take them, and check out Turmeric capsules all info

online, great for inflammation, bloating, pain, the ones formulated

with black pepper for better absorption, see if they are safe for

you, probiotics, probiotic yoghurt.

• Posted

I have constant dull stomach pain which is generalised.  Occasionally I get nausea if I have a flare up.  It was the constant pain that got me running to the doctor.  The pain varies depending on stress.  It was a lot worse before my IBS diagnosis.   Now it is a lot better. I rarely need medication.  Your symptoms are typical of IBS.  Some people get periods when they are not in pain.  However, everyone is different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.