IBS period like pains

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ladies.. has anyone experienced a period like pain/cramp with IBS?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yepper, anytime I eat something out of ordinary. My gut reacts to cramps do to gas

Bm's followed by a loose stool.

• Posted

Absoloutley yes, if I hadn't had a total hysterectomy I would swear a period was about to happen, horrible dragging pulling deep ache - so reminiscent of past times for some reason. Not nice.

• Posted

Yes, often.  I use a heating pad between navel and groin and that seems to help.  If not I take OTC pain med.  Same thing I did when I was 16 to relieve the cramps and discomfort.  Sometimes I have such a burning feeling I think my colon is inflamed.  Scared me.  Colonoscopy ruled that out so now it's the heating pad when the cramps occur.

• Posted

YES. Mine is so close to my period pains that I am unsure half the time if it is period pains or if it is my ibs pains. It makes it hard for me to determine if foods are hurting me or if it the new birth control I was recently put on.
  • Posted

When my IBS started it felt like I had my period all the time.  I initially blamed my monthly cycle on my pain and nausea because it occurred just before I was due. When I did get my period, the IBS pain mixed in with it so it was hard to tell which was which. I also found my periods harder to control.  This has normalised now and hormones no longer affect my IBS.
  • Posted

Yes. And hormones make IBS worse so it's worse at that time of the month too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.