IBS/ Stomach related problem? Not sure need help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Before I start, forgive me for rambling. Understandably, mentioning anxiety, this could go in that forum rather than this, however, I feel this is the right place for me to get feedback. I'm 22, and for about 4 years, possibly 5, I've had issues with my abdomen, an example of some of the symptoms would be, excess wind, smelling pretty bad, abdominal pain, ranging from lower right to upper. This pain increases, as does the off-putting excess flatulence, dependent on my diet, being a student it isn't often the best. The pain isn't unbearable, merely an annoyance, and isn't every day. To add to this, I've been having problems with acid reflux, and what I think is called Dysphagia? Whenever I eat it feels as though food takes a while to go down, this has been the case for a few years as well, also not severe, until recently when I've paid a lot of attention to it, however, this has been improved with the PPI Nexium. However, I do have a distinct pain when I press at the bottom of by esophagus/stomach? I have booked to see a doctor next Tuesday, but as a caveat, my health anxiety has been going wild for the last few days, as it tends to do in episodes, sleep has been hard and I've constantly been thinking the worst, cancer etc so I'd appreciate if anyone could aid me before I see the doctor!

Thank you!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am hearing you - my stomach is the same sore to touch but then I'm tense all the time. So I think it's muscles that are sore from squeezing them up all the time.

I think it you had something serious after all this time you would be very sick by now

Goodluck and just remember stress and worry always make things worse and not sleeping doesn't make you deal with things either.

Cheers

• Posted

It's an awful situation to be in, and not knowing what it is on top of it is even worse.

But thank you for your advice, really appreciated at a time like this!

• Posted

Try a food diary to see if food is the problem.  Do you have any change of bowel habit and does your stomach pain move about?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.