Ibs symptoms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been getting sharp, spasm type pains in my upper abdomen now for 6 months. Been the doctors, hospital, been for scans. Nothing has shown up. My symptoms are usually : pain in my upper abdomen, bloating, belching, excessive wind, headaches, being sick, muscles spasms, tiredness, constipation, bladder problems, feeling like my bowels are full straight after I have been, certain foods like sausage rolls, milk, cheese, curry, fatty foods basically are just kicking the pain off!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think I have IBS too & had a dr say i did but never got colonoscopy! My symptoms besides depression/anxiety/stressed are sharp pains on left side above my belly button.. Every now & then constipation.. Loose stools .. Bloating.. Lower back pain & sometimes pain where my rectum areas at.. Mucous in stools & constantly scared it's worse then IBS.. I'm planning on getting other tests done but at the moment I have no insurance but I'm currently trying to find some that way I can get tests done... But I do think it's just IBS but I'm just under a lot of stress and anxiety and also depression
    • Posted

I've also got anxiety and I suffer from panic attacks. These started December 2013 though, so i've had them for a while. But knowing now that symptoms of ibs include depression and anxiety I've been starting to think maybe I have had ibs for quite a long time without even knowing which is quite worrying. I also suffer from migraines daily which make me vomit and I have been getting them for nearly 3 years. I'm doing a 2 week trial of alternative food diet plan. So basically changing my cereal to stuff like bran flakes like special k and changing cows milk to soya milk. I've also been told to try prebiotic such as actimel. And im getting on a stick to eating fresh chicken, vegetables, rice and potatoes. And lots of fruit. So hopefully in 2 weeks time I will be feeling a lot better.
  • Posted

It is the same symptoms I have been having for a long time. There is no respite. The only time I feel OKish...when I do not eat anything!! It is very complicated and frustrating to find a way out. Try to avoid spicy foods. Drink apple cider in a cup of water often...keep the rest in the fridge and go and take a sip all day!! For constipation, I take Lactulose to ease off the bloating. And I do go to toilet several times after a meal. Sometimes , I think, I am carrying a load of stuff that should have been pushed out  a week ago. That is the cause most of the bloating I think!!!
  • Posted

Hi,

Have read the last three blogs.I also have IBS it's not nice and with being careful with your food intake it's possible to release a lot of thesymptoms.

It was not until my consultant said try the fodmap diet. Without realisingtill then that some vegetables and fruit can have a bearing on bowels.

I am by no means free from all the discomfort but it has halved it all. (but do have diverticulitus, barretts osphecus plus other issues which makes it harder to control everything.) If you look it up see what you think. If you Give it a go give it three weeks to work. Also you need to at timesalter your finer high to low, or low to high. Plenty info on internet. Hope this may be of some help to you all.

• Posted

I was going to suggest that maybe it could have been an ulcer, but have just noticed that the hospital tests have not picked anything up, so an ulcer is unlikely.

Two other possibilities are a Lactose or Gluten intolerance.

My daughter-in-law suffers from a Gluten intolerance, and her syptoms are very much the same as you have reported.

She has to go to the most extraordinary lengths to avoid any Gluten contaminating her food, or she is really quite unwell.

It's worth considering.

Best wishes

Rod

• Posted

Yes I have also considered a gluten intorelance, it's just getting really hard waiting for a diagnosis and then each time i've waited for results of scans and everything they come back clear and so do my blood tests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.