IBS symptoms for 20 years

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is a long story but I will short as possible. This is my post on any forum. I am a forty five year old male, December 27 1998 my life changed. I was raising a child on my own and all was good I went to bed and felt fine, woke up in the morning with a slight headache stomach cramps, fatigue. I thought ok this will go away, it never did. After numerous trips to doctors, emergency rooms i was diagnosed with IBS and struggle with these symptoms 20 years later. I've been told anxiety causes these symptoms, the headaches are the worst problem today, doc says they are tension type headaches. Squeezing on side of head and back of head. I took amitryptiline for awhile,( a horrible mediation) i weened myself off of those they did nothing for me. Current symptoms as I type this stuffy nose for years, ringing ears, headache and moderate diarrhea for the past week also have been diagnosed with diverticulitus 2 years ago headaches give me strange feelings such as my feet don't feel positioned right and swaying feeling . Just had blood work done was normal, cholestorel 137 liver function normal electrolytes normal. Any advice

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you considered that your neck could be the issue. I have been spaced out for yrs and I went to an upper cervical chiropractor and it turns out my C1 and C2 are a mess. Look up C2 neck issues and dizzy to learn more.
  • Posted

Nortriptyline has less side effects but amitriptyline is cheaper, so gets most prescribed which really helped my balance problems caused by silent migraines.
  • Posted

Hi Paul65108,

Sorry to hear you've had IBS for 20 years and now you've got imbalance problems on top of it. I had really bad IBS for a solid 2 years after being prescribed an older type of antibiotic for a bladder infection since I had a penicillin allergy. Long story short a Gastroenterologist I saw gave me over $200 (Canadian) in free high-end high quality probiotic free samples his office would get from supplement companies. I took a probiotic called Tuzen and after 6 weeks my symptoms reduced by 85% and I continued to take for 3 more months. It costs about 200 dollars Canadian in 2011 for month's supply.

I can't say for sure if this will help you or if you've already tried probiotics already. A word of caution though, the first week will be brutal as the good bacteria displace and/or kill the bad bacteria/yeast/viruses. Their are even beneficial yeasts and viruses that your body also needs to regulated it's immune system and digestive functions.

For your imbalance issues have you been to an ENT doctor and had various tests done for your inner-ear or an MRI/CT scan?

• Posted

I find this very interesting about the probiotics.   I am also in Canada.  Have you ever seen them for sale on any sites
    • Posted

You could try nutrition or healthfood stores and see what probiotics they have and if any are on sale. I haven't really looked for online sales. I would say do research on probiotic brands that are affordable to you and see reviews and results for others who have use those brands.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.