IBS symptoms is or not?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All , I just recently had my gallbladder removed 5 1/2 weeks ago . I'm having stomach pain upper and mid. Just had a endoscopy and colonoscopy all normal but still still have pain I have been to the ER for this pain just recently as well. Abdominal CT scan and blood work all normal. I do get constipated as well I'm taking probihotics, digestive enzymes and acid reducers. This pain can get bad just seeing if it sounds like IBS and if anyone else has had the samething . I do have anxiety and the last 2 months have been very stressful for me with the surgery haven't gone back to work yet so anxiety has build up. Just seeing if anyone has any suggestions .. I'm looking into neurology for help maybe.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

A) everything is still healing

B) they could of caught a nerve in op

C) Bile Acid Malabsorption

• Posted

That's what I'm thinking just not sure how long it takes for inside to heal . The pain at times can be rough. Went to chiropractor yesterday I think that was not the right thing he poked and pushed everywhere. I'm hurting now like I did the first week of surgery.

• Posted

When in pain, you are far better off on painkillers.  Chiropractors can make things a lot worse. I went to a chiropractor and I was left in so much pain, it triggered IBS six months later.
  • Posted

Do younhave change of bowel habit?
    • Posted

What has your doctor suggested as the cause of the pain?  Sometimes gallbladder removal can damage abdominal nerves and cause IBS.    It is also possible you have neuralgia.  If you have  persistant diarrhoea, it could be bile acid malabsorption which is diagnosed via a SECHAT scan.
    • Posted

Hi pippa, I'm all good now eat what I want no issues about a month ago everything started feeling better. I'm still watching what I eat. I don't eat dairy or butter but everything else is fine.

• Posted

Hi, why don't you try to reduce your fat intake to 45 gram of fat a day, do that for two weeks and see how you feel. After removal of the Gallbladder you might have problems digesting fat. Look it up on Google. Example Gallbladder removal and Bile Acid Malabsorption.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.