IBS Uncomfortable and painful circulating abdominal pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello guys, so recently I have been known by a lot that I might have "ibs" and do have ibs. And that may be true. I really hate that I have this disorder, and shouldn't have been stressed a lot, but what can I do now.

I have just been having bad abdominal cramps and flare ups that I couldn't stand. I have been taking colese and it's helpin g a bit. But what I noticed is when it isn't painful, that bug feeling in the stomach is still in there, and it's uncomfortable like a burning sensation, and something inside, that's circulating within the middle but now the outer part of stomach.

So this pain will occur, and its constant and just won't stop. Will I have this pain forever and will it ever stop now? It's stopped once for a while, but that's when the constipation was better, now there's no constipation but pain.

And I heard IBS is embarrassing as you need to go to the toilet everytime, that's true, but I go a lot just not always.

So i really need to know how I can really cure this pain, or control it so it feels like my stomach is normal and I can live life how I used to, I'm really reminiscing when I didn't have this, now I'm stuck with it sad. Do any great medications to help make it feel 100% better most of the time or something would really help people, I don't want to be living like this all the time.

Thanks!

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

• Posted

Try distrraction techniques like exercise and a hobby to take your mind off the pain.  When my IBS first started, I found that when I was concentrating on other things, my pain was hardly noticeable.  When I started worrying about it, my symptoms were worse.
    • Posted

I have tried exercise etc, but I'm someone who just won't stop thinking about my issues, especially when it's something that can't be cured, I tend to try and fix the issue, and it's noticeable no matter what

• Posted

Ask your doctor about counselling or gut targeted hypnosis which can help with IBS  physical symptoms and anxiety.  Alternatively, ask for anxiety medication or try meditation.
  • Posted

that is something to ask the dr.  there is a new medication  out there i tried it , the problem i had was they were treating me for ibsd and found out later i had csid.  talk to your dr  please

• Posted

I have asked my doctors many times, irk if I mentioned it properly at the time, but they just said to keep taking the laxatives, and so now it's just pain and not constipation. Could it be IBD maybe? Or a bloackage within the intestinal organs? I'm not sure

• Posted

If you had a blockage in your bowel you would be very constipated all the time.  If your constipation has cleared up and you are going too the loo ever day, you aren't blocked up  because you are getting rid of your stools.  When you are diagnosed with IBS, doctors usually check for IBD via a fecal calprotectin stool test.  If you test high for inflammation, then a colonoscopy is done to look for IBD. Have you had a fecal calprotectin test?  Have you thought about asking for a colonoscopy to settle your fears? This would prove to you whether you have a blockage of not.

• Posted

I was suggested that it's not in need to have one, and also no I have just had simple blood tests and X-rays which showed constipation at the moment, might ask them to though.

• Posted

I think if you had anything serious you would have been told about it after your X Ray and more investigations would have been done.  Your symptoms still sound like the come and go symptoms of IBS.  With IBS, I have found that you have to lower your expectations about getting rid of it completely and simply hope for more good days than bad and be glad if you get long periods of remission.  With IBS, you may find that some symptoms clear up for a while but others will remain.  When I got diagnosed, my bowel habits began to settle down although I still had some pain but a lot less than what I had before diagnosis.

The main thing is to get your health anxiety under control and this will in turn help IBS to become manaageable.  Finding what is triggering your health anxiety is the key.  My health anxiety was triggered by not understanding my symptoms and getting no answers from my doctors for a long time.  Perhaps ask your doctor to explain IBS symptoms to you and tell him or her about the extent of your anxiety.  When I told the doctor about my anxiety, I got diagnosed and I began to feel better. 

• Posted

Yeah i bow know the main symptoms, i just need to know by my doctors how to get my stomach feeling 100% better l, b3cause even when it is not hurting, it still feels uncomfortable and like it will strike back, and so there has to be a way to get that ordinary feeling back right?
    • Posted

Is a colonoscopy really necessary? I mean I'm only in my teens, and I got so many recommendations that I don't need to do it, but If I want I can. Ten some doctors then said no need. So that should be a sign as it shouldn't be serious, as they would again as u mention, do more tests. But I really think a gastreontoligist would know all don't u think? I'm not sure

• Posted

In that case, try changing your diet instead to make sure you are getting enough fibre since you were prone to constipation.  Ask for a different antispasmodic, and ask for help for your anxiety.  You may simply have IBS.

• Posted

Nothing is certain with IBS.  Your doctor will tell you this. Antispasmodics and painkillers help to reduce the pain or discomfort but they will not get rid of the pain/discomfort entirely. Some find taking an antispasmodic before a stressful episode can help to prevent an IBS flare up. You will have to try a variety of these strategies to find one that works for you.  There is no one size fits all answer to this.

Dietary changes, (if food is your trigger), and most of all stress management will help you to live with IBS.  This is the very best you can hope for.   Initially, before diagnosis, I too hoped for a 100% fix to my pain.  However, when I was diagnosed with IBS, I realised this was not likely.  I decided to accept this and learned to manage my condition with antispasmodics, painkillers and eating more fruit to help with constipation. I am a writer and I use a lot of humour to cope with stress.

I have many more good days than bad days but I never know if and when a flare up will strike so I am always primed with medication in my cupboard just in case.

If stress has triggered your IBS, you are not so likely to get rid of it entirely.

• Posted

Hopefully my days will be more pain free, buy yes that is true,

Thanks for the info

• Posted

My stools today were normal, kind of hard, and then on that same stool it changed from hard then lose undigest food, and I didn't have much pain in the abdomen today. I also noticed everytime I passed stools, it would be wet on the paper and yellowish, is that fat in the stool or just mucus? And I'm heard if it's fat in stool it is usually ibd chrons disease etc? Is that true? My stools are changing from normal, too diarrhea, to undigested stools, and when it's undigested it floats and it looks yellowish, is that oily stools???

IDK WHAT TO DO!

I will be having a ultrasound, if that doesn't find anything, then a colonoscopy it is rolleyes

• Posted

I also have frequent urination, especially when a flare up occurs, and then it feels slightly better when I urinate, and I do a lot
    • Posted

Some people with IBS have trouble digesting fats and so pain after eating is common.  Undigested food in stools is also common as well as passing mucus.  This may be the yellow substance you are seeing. Try avoiding fatty foods and see what happens. Increased urination is also an IBS symptom.

People with IBD have trouble absorbing nutrients and can produce fatty stools. However, they often have bleeding as well which you do not have.  I would have thought that if ten doctors have told you that you do not need a colonoscopy, then they are obviously not concerned about IBD, so that is a good sign.  A fecal calprotectin test would pick up inflamnation markers anyway that would indicate the possibility of IBD.  If you are diagnosed with IBS, you are usually given a fecal calprotectin test to rule out IBD.

• Posted

I asked my doctor if I can be tested for ibs in any way, and he said "no u can't, it is diagnosed another way" I forgotten what he mentioned. And the doctors never put me on those exams oddly, idk why. But they just tell me to keep taking medication. Maybe a gastreontologist is the way to go then, maybe they will know more and further examine me.

Also, my abdominal pain changes throughout, and what I noticed is when it, I'm assuming "stops hurting", it begins to leave a different sort of pain, like it's leftover from continuos pain? If u know what I'm saying? Like when I squeeze my stomach, or push it in it then starts to tighten extremely.

• Posted

I mean, there might be the littlest amount of blood on the stool, and Ben and hen I have I digested fatty stool, but ideal if its blood or just food because I saw once it was like a reddish food substance of some sort. But idk, maybe it's not because it happens most the time.

It's not brown or wet blood, just little not really bright type.

• Posted

You can't test for IBS; it is a diagnosis of exclusion.   You can get different types of pain with IBS: stabbing. dull, deep grinding. and sore to touch pain.  The reddish substance in your stool could be undigested food or blood from haemorrhoids or fissures.  Tell your doctor about this.  Ask to see a gastroenterologist.

• Posted

Ok, and I did tell both of my doctors, and they just said "well that's from the hemmerhoids" and we're not really concerned too much about it. Because sometimes it might just be like a little scratch on a perfect hard stool (not on the sausage like ones) and like a dot on small stools

• Posted

Also, have noticed whenever I wipe since I have had this abdominal pain and change I bowel movements, ibs etc. there is no blood on the toilet paper, but before that there would usually be heaps.
    • Posted

Did your doctor give you anything for the haemorrhoids?  You could try ice to shrink them as well. Keep a stool softener handy so that stools are easier to pass.
    • Posted

No, nothing for hemmerhoids. I didn't really explain it much before as I thought it wasn't really an issue.

I used laxatives when I was constipated, which was osmolax being the last one I used. Do u recommend me going back to that? Also I'm using colece

• Posted

Idk if I can use both at the same time, also sorry I should probably be asking a doctor which one to use lol, but I have been there way too much and I can't go everytime

• Posted

Only use a stool softener if your stools are very hard to pass and you are having to strain a lot. If your stools are normal, they shouldn't graze you or cause haemorrhoids. Eating plenty of fruit also helps to soften stools.

• Posted

My stools are not usually hard to press, but when I get that feeling of "unfinished stools" at the end, I strain. I do eat fruit everyday, maybe a bit too much

• Posted

Unfinished stools is an IBS symptom.  When get this, I don't strain. I simply give up and wait until I have the urge to go later.  This often works and I pass the remaining stools normally.   This  helps prevent haemorrhoids or fissures.

If you are eating too much fruit, you would be going a lot. If you are going every day, not too frequently, and your stools are not too loose or soft, but not over hard either, this doesn't sound excessive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.