IBS?..Yeast intolerence?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have suffered for the past 2 years with bad stomach cramps , diarhea , and bad wind . this would occur every week and mostly every day . i went through the doctors and they just saw it as "oh you have Ibs there really isnt a cure just deal with it ". i knew for a while that it really wasnt just ibs but something more , i started looking at food allegys and decided to take a food intolerence test. They found out i had a really bad yeast allergy!!??. Does anyone suffer with yeast allergys?? i have started a new diet cutting out yeast and trying  to cut down on sugary foods ( this is impossible!) however i do feel a lot better and i have been taken medicne to kill of the bacteria in the gut. 

Anyone dealing with this ?? Advice pleasee ?? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Killing off the flora in your gut is a bad idea. Since you have done rhe deed, you need to repopulate your gut. I would maje sure to eat a pint of active-culture yogurt daily until the gut returns to normal. You may need more support eg probiotics galore.
    • Posted

that was suggested to have one pro biotic yogurt a day in which i have started doing smile the problem i am having is staying away from sugar ! its just so hard when you have work and not enough time to make yourself a cooked breakfast.
  • Posted

Amy I have same as yourself , I had a private test done for food allergies just last year ,you need to check everything you eat . Sugars in foods a big problem for IBS . It's a miserable condition ,do you get any ache in the bowel area after a BM . Many do . There's no test for IBS that I know of . Think meds for it can aggravate some ,increase the D with IBS .Not an easy solution at best to find . 
    • Posted

yeah i always get a bit of ache after BM sometimes it can last a whole day , i do think i have gained some anxiety from this when going out with friends and family , i would get free nervous before i eat and it would trigger a BM . whats the D sorry ? i just have to change my whole diet cut out sugars but its so hard !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.