Ibuleve gel

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have copd and also have a very bad back and was wondering if anyone else with copd or asthma have used ibuleve gel and if it had any effect on your breathing

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I would advise everyone not to use or take anything containing anti Inflammatories. They have a badaffect on your kidneys. I was taking diclofenic and my kidney function dropped to 29%. Be careful
  • Posted

Hi dilys,  I have Emphysema (COPD) I also have a bad back, I take a lot of Steroids for various chest infections etc, And the steroids have caused me to have Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis, So it might be the cause of your bad back if like me you take a lot of steroids, Worth checking it out if you have, Ask your Dr for a Dexa scan. And no I don't use ibuleve, I have stong pain killers and Morphine.

Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Dear Diys. Best see doc or pharmacist first. Because of the meds I am on I can't take anything with ibubrufin in it  There is a chance we are on same meds so best see someone who can advise. 

• Posted

hi i have copd and a very bad shoulder - i use deep freeze pain relief gel and it seems to work well its drug free.
  • Posted

Hi there, yes, have the back pain under shoulderblade and up to neck, drives me mad sometimes, it's a stabbing pain that does not respond well to anything so far, although liquid magnesium has helped a bit, it is from front to back so think it is lung related. Have not tried the gel, actually have not heard of it, not sure what part of the world you are in. If I come across anything else will let you know. Kindest regards, degb

• Posted

I've really bad back pain have you had your gallbladder check has you can have gallstones pain in your back I've got gallstones

• Posted

I have COPD and have used ibuleve gel for pain relief before, I was ok, however that doesn't mean everyone will be.  Its something that is listed in the possible side affects, doctors are aware of this and when a doctor prescribes it (if they agree to do so) they usually say (if its known you already have breathing difficulties), just be aware of that side affect regarding your breathing. 

I guess if you tried it and noticed breathing probs getting worse just don't use it anymore.

• Posted

Hi vee 2. I agree with you as when I went to pay for voltarol at the pharmacists he looked up the meds I was on for my copd he told me

I can't have it because it has ibuprofen in it and gave me deep heat instead. So best to check. Ps don't know why some words are highlighted it happened no matter how many times I typed it.Love. James

• Posted

I suffer with asthma and once used the anti-inflammatory gels, personally I’d never do so again, I would advise you to see a pharmacist or gp to discuss alternatives or whether it’s ok to use . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.