Ibuprofen

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does ibuprofen make your chest pain worse? I came off my blood thinners and took some for the first time in ages hoping it would help, but it made the pain worse. 

I remember before I was diagnosed and I kept telling my doctor about my chest pain, he prescribed me a strong non steroidal and that made the pain worse. It can’t make the clots come back can it?

I got scared and went back on the blood thinners!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Moon, ibuprofen is bad for your heart, it is not a good drug to take. Never take it for long, take the lowest dose possible. It can causes heart attacks, stroke, bleeding and stomach problems. Paracetamol is still the safest pain killer is used correctly.
    • Posted

I heard it could give you an irregular heartbeat and stomach problems, but I didn’t realise about stroke and heart attacks. I am staying well clear! It doesn’t seem to help with my pain anyway. I used to take them all the time for my period pain when I was younger, but when I got acid reflux I cut right down to only when I was in bad pain. I don’t want to take any risks now, I have heart problems and diabetes in my family so I have to be extra careful.
    • Posted

It is best to be safe. Since my hubbies heart attack and my blood clot this year (yep, we have had a rubbish year) I have found a lot out about drugs and how little the medical professionals know about them and their side effects,
    • Posted

This really has been a rubbish year for me and loads of people I know as well, so many people have been really unwell this year. I hope you and your husband make a quick recovery.

I have just been to my health food shop to get natural blood thinners. I have got bromelain, grapeseed extract, primrose oil and starflower oil and multivitamins and minerals. Wish me luck!

• Posted

let us know about how the naturals work for you. thanks. i had a saddle PE dec 2016 in hospital 2 weeks fast forward to now....i am accepting this as my new mormal...anxious, sleepless nites, no energy. and this is sooooo opposite of who i am. got a therapist and joined a gym and getting a trainer to jump start me to get back to where i was but better and stronger and mindful. i also had a reaction to lipitor, all muscles and joints were aching constantly...getting up from a couch or chair was so uncomfortable and embarrassing when out....like gymnastics as an infant.

• Posted

well I have been taking supplements for a couple of months now, I have had 2 d-dimer blood tests which came back low, but I am getting discomfort in my chest and dysfunctional breathing again. I had lots of small PEs which I believe is quite different to one big one. I am really paranoid about the PEs coming back and am considering getting another CT or VQ scan to make sure everything is OK. I really don't want to go back on blood thinners though, I had really bad side effects from the tablets and you can't go on the injections long term.

I hope you start to feel better soon. Are you still on blood thinners?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.