ibuprofen /ibuleve

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all help please has anyone used ibuleve gel if you have did you get any side effects like worse breathing thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

When I asked doc about ibuleve or similar for my sore joints etc he said definitely not as anything that has ibubrufin in it can not be mixed with the medication I am on because there could be serious side effects he told me just to take parasetamol best to check with your doc.
  • Posted

As I understand it, James is correct.  I use a natural gel called Arnica which can be obtained from QVC or on ebay by a company called SBC (simply beautiful cosmetics).  I have used it for years and it's safe and effective and can be used as often as needed and is non sticky.  I had Sciatica in March and my Doc. gave me Co-codamol.  I was really ill and I lost a stone in weight which I haven't been able to put back on despite eating everything I shouldn't!.  I have since learned that this drug should not be given to patients with breathing problems or the elderly.  Although I'm 70 I refuse to be refered to as elderly, I'm older!!!  Hope this helps. Take care dill.

• Posted

Thanks I was thinking that it's only the gell not the tablets so thought not much of my it would get into my body through the skin but it looks like it probably will 9h well never mind thanks for the replit's guys

• Posted

My doc prescribes me ibugel on occasion but always says at the same time it can affect breathing so just be aware of that.

People diagnosed with COPD are usually made aware of this.  

Also its mentioned in the leaflet that comes with the meds.

If it affects your breathing you know that an alternative muscle pain relief may suit you better.  Check back with your doc is your best bet taking into account your breathing difficulty, assuming you have been diagnosed with COPD.

• Posted

Thanks I have had copd since 1999 I just wanted to know if anyone had used the gel and if it had any bad effectives as only a small ammount of the contents woukd go through the skin and make my breathing worse its such a tiny ammount I am sure it would not for any harm but I haven't used it even though my pharcist said it would be OK because of the small amount

• Posted

No I personally don't get side affects from it but some people do, guess you won't know unless you try.  Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.