IC - Pain and it hurts to walk

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

Ive had IC for about 7 years now but this last year has been really challenging

This week I have been off work due to nasty flare up and infection

I am just concerned about the pain that I am getting and need to know if anyone else has it in this location

Its almost as if it runs along the side of my "lady bits"

The bit between my leg and my "lady bits" if that makes sense?

Deep stabbing pain which makes it hard to walk

Does anyone recognise this pain and where it is

I have to grab my crotch to give some relief

On Pregabalin, Co-Codamol and Antibiotics but still no better

Hurting real bad and all I want is to have some respite from this awful pain

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi sally19244. Yes this is exactly where my pain is. Ive had IC for 5 years and sometimes the pain is unbearable, and yes, it does hurt to walk.Ive been pain free for 6 weeks but I expect it will flare up again soon. Its a nasty thing. I wish they could find a cure for it. Im on amytriptiline for the

pain but im not really sure it helps a lot. Good luck, hope you will soon be feeling a bit better.

• Posted

Hi june

thanks for the reply

i know its just not me then!

its unbearable and it gets me down. Try to put on a brave face but inside all I want to do is cry. I have been given Lyrica by my Consultant for IC symptoms but I have read about the Pudendal Nerve and it was interesting reading. If you get a chance have a read of the symptoms and see if it sounds familiar x

• Posted

Yes Sally, I have read about the Pudendal Nerve, but ive never mentioned it to the consultant. You would think they would have

mentioned it. It does seem to have the same symptoms doesnt it. Another thing, do you ever notice blood in your water, I have

been recently. I seem to forget to ask the hospital when im there.I have been taking Prelief with any food which plays the bladder up. Its quite expensive but does seem to work.Ive been reading

other forums and there does seem to be so many different

symptoms, and so many people suffering from it..

• Posted

Hi June

today is my first pain free and not running to the loo day for about three weeks

seems the antibiotics are doing their job

glad you know abouth the Pudendal Nerve and I have to say that when I am in pain all sorts go through your head for instance I have had three children and the intense shooting stabbing pain that I experience makes me worry the doctors are missing something. I get constipated and its a vicious circle then with pain management

for me though the biggest thing is trying to remain cheery and act normal when under so much pressure with this illness. It does rule your every waking hour when a flare up happens and although my husband is lovely I wish he would just give me a hug when I'm in so much pain. I was in the bathroom last week for nearly an hour just trying to pass something, anything..and I was in tears. I was hot, in agony and felt so alone with this illness and he says to me..."There is nothing I can do!" He says but there is. So much in fact like ask me how I am coping, ask me if I want that hug, or just understand more. Please don't get me wrong he is great but some men just block themselves off from such issues

so today I thank my lucky stars for getting a day that hasn't left me in such a state and hope for more tomorrow!

hope you are also well today still

PS D-Mannose? Have you tried it June??

• Posted

Hi Sally. No I havnt tried Mannose. Is it a tablet. Ive tried so many things and I find the Prelief as good as anything. I sometimes take a teaspoon of bicard soda, which does help. That shooting pain is really awful, if it kept on for long you wouldnt be able to

bear it would you. So glad to hear you have a pain free day. Fingers crossed that it lasts for a while. My husband is quite sympathetic but im sure he must get fed up with hearing me complain. Are your children young. My two are grown up with children of their own. It must be very hard work to have youngsters to look after when you have all this horrible pain.i dont think I could do it. Heres hoping for a few more pain free days. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.