IceMan Cold Therapy Unit for TKR

Posted , 5 users are following.

How many of you used the Iceman Cold Therapy Unit after your TKR? It is made by DJO and not covered by insurance. It combines focused compression with cold therapy. I did not use it.....I just alternated ice packs when needed.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was given a similar unit for home use when I left the hospital.  Love it.  It is now 13 weeks post TKR and I still use it.  
  • Posted

I was supplied a similar unit called Polar Pack. It was great and I still use it....plus my insurance covered the cost for it too!
  • Posted

I did not but my sister did. Her recovery was much faster than mine has been. I used ice packs every hour for 4 weeks. She loved the machine. I don't know if that made the difference but I am still struggling 6 weeks out tkr. She went back to work at 6 weeks. It's exhausting for me to get myself ready for pt.

• Posted

Never

Been offered that treatment. Used ice cubes, gel packs till i bust some in bed and woke with red sheets. Even used pack of frozen peas

• Posted

Hi 

I do not know what this is, I used the AIrcast knee wrap and ice bucket. Found this very good at night , two ice pack and ice kept the water ice cold for 8 to 10 hours fills and empties via gravity.

Good healing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.