Icing for Plantar Fasciitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone, i just wanted to say quickly that after 2 years of debilitatiing pain and weight gain due to PF I succeeded in gettign rid of it by doing feet excersises, have a physio therapist come and basically squeeze the crap out of the bottom of my feet (applying lots of pressure on the affected area) and then icing. I would say that by icing my feet every morning, anytime after i walked around, and then again in the evening, it had the most effect.  If you're not gettign anywhere with the excersises - try icing! Alot! Best of luck everyone.....

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, what get exercises did you do and what do you mean by icing?
    • Posted

Putting ice on your feet. I use the blue ice pads that can be frozen in the freezer.
  • Posted

Quiet honestly I've been real lazy about this problem.

I'll have to get on a program to solve this including stretches and massage

I was really hoping the shot would knock it out , nope only a few days relief

Icing helps but I think you need to put the work in to knock it out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.