ICY HOT SENSATION THROUGH MY BODY...HELP???

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was in the E.R. yesterday for bad palpitations but and all of my tests came back good so they sent me home but I have been having this sensation of my body being filled with icy hot or hot water being poured all over and then going icy cold. My body is physically cold to the touch too but I feel hot on the inside if that makes any sense. I have been having this for a few days now and was wondering if it could be a withdrawl symptom from Citalopram, which I only took for like 4 days and have been off for about the same amount of time now. I have been diagnosed with anxiety for years now and have never experienced this symptom and it is quite scary and concerning. I am trying to breathe through it in hopes that it will subside but it seems to come and go at random and out of seemingly nowhere which always catches me off guard. I am currently not taking any other meds except for hydrochlorothiazide 25mg for high blood pressure which I have been taking quite some time and never experienced this symptom from. I feel like I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown because I have been having all my other anxiety symptoms for months now and that is why my doctor started the citalopram in the first place, which I stopped because it only intensified my symptoms. Anyone else experience this icy hot sensation???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel i had the same for about 10 days 8 weeks into taking 20mg citalopram a day. Awful feeling....

It could be because you started and stopped or it could be just another symptom of anxiety.

I hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Thanks for the reply...I hate this feeling...I hope it passes soon!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.