Ideas what's going on please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I suffered with anxiety 2 years ago and manged to wean myself of meds and get back to being the old me after about 8 months. I gt myself a part time job, routine and and been feeling great until the last 5 weeks or so my anxiety seems to have reared it's head gain although I am unsure why. 

I have been back to the dr a couple times firstly I tried to handle it myself it no joy, the dr then put me on propranolol as it's always the physical symptoms that get me anxious so that helped with the racing heart etc, I have been back agai and am now on 10mg citralopram I have been on them for 7 days. I was on these before and remember the side effects so wen I feel crappy I just remind myself it's the side effects. What I don't get is today I have been ok but tonight feeling off I keep worrying about my chest and the werid sensations like pressure and pins and needles in my head which I know is my anxiety but so frustrating as I can't shake it - I start thinking about it which seems to make the pain worse and ten make me feel worse - I see to get anxious about being anxious. 

The good thing is I don't quit I can't I have kept busy walke shops I have still been going to work although it has been a struggle as I know it's best to keep going, distraction etc and it all proves that it's my anxiety as when I busy I am fine. 

I do read up on these forums etc when I feel sh*tty as they do help but then does it make us think about things more? Are the meds still getting in my system so it's all mind/body games at the moment? I keep trying to do something different rah day to my normal day so my mind and body get used to being "normal" any other tips would be great. Sorry for long post I am soaking in bath of lavender pile relaxing lol x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

After suffering with this for over twenty years I found no relief until I number one got saved and rebaptized, two found a wonderful Christian counselor, and three found a also wonderful naturopath.  Those three things combined, have been my saving grace.  My naturopath immediately had me do a neurotransmitter test and a hormone/adrenal test. Once we saw what was out of balance we were able to correct the proper things without guessing. And with supplements no drugs. so no side effects.  I went from constant panic day in and day out to now a few anxious feeling once every other month or so... Maybe not even that much. It's only around "that time of the month",  so it's def hormone related as well, not just the neurotransmitters, but the tests results were awesomely revealing.  Wish they would have had such things twenty yrs ago. I feel I've wasted a lot of life. just this morning I felt more anxiety than I've felt in a very long time, like for a year or so! So that's why I'm on here, because helping others, helps me as well.  I know that it's not coming back full tilt that I'm only having this because I've been down with a nasty cold and I've been upset with some family issues. So once I recognize those things... I know I'll be ok. Positive self talk is soooo important. Googling health related symptoms and issues=BAD!!!  I have severe health anxiety.  staying off internet when your real bad is sooo important. It only adds to the intensity of the anxiety.  
    • Posted

What does those test involve? As I'm 48 going thru menopause and am on lexaprxo 10 and metoprolo 50mg once a day.. But I'm very dizzy/off balanced everyday.. I want my life back. Ugh any advice would be great.. 
    • Posted

Hi Tonya. Menopause definitely causes anxiety, along with palpitations, etc.  Your dizzy and off balance feelings could be because you don't breathe properly. Look up the link between hyperventilation syndrome and anxiety. Changing how you breathe may help. Hope you're feeling better. 
    • Posted

Thank you.. My meds scare me too but I need to relax and chill.. I was prescribed topamax for migraines and I'm scared to take it. I already take lexapro 10mg,metoprolo 50mg. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.