IDIOPATHIC ANGIOEDEMA

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, I have suffered with angioedema for 13 years and I have now been prescribed with Tranexamic Acid to try. Is there anyone else out there who has the same condition and has been prescribed with this drug? If so, are you experiencing any side affects such as aching sore joints, constant tiredness and generally 'not quite yourself'? I would really appreciate some much needed support on this drug and its side affects. Thank you............ :?

3 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

forgot to say the max dose for tranexamic is 9 x 500mg a day  i took them  3 x 3  a day morning noon and night      zyrtec i in morning i at night  but for me the tranexamic worked  wonders on one occasion when all antihistimne failed  to make any difference    especially with the swelling   

sylvie

• Posted

Hello,

I'm curious to see how you are doing? I've lived the last several months in constant flare up...it's horrible and live on steroids.

How are you feeling?

Amanda

• Posted

Hello,

I am so sorry to hear that. I am doing a lot better. I started taking the tranexamic acid and it did take the swollen down but for some reason it turned by skin really dark. It started to scare me so I stop taking it. I am now taking food grade hydrogen peroxide. It has worked wonders. Please do your research on this product if you want to try it and let me know what you think

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply I am so encouraged by hearing this I would love to know more I actually have food grade hydrogen peroxide in my home because I use it in my hot tub so I would love to know what you're taking or rather how you are taking it so I can ask my doctor about it I go see my doctor here in a few minutes

• Posted

Hello,

I know you would like a quick response because you are at the doctor now, but there is so much to tell you. I have no problem with you given me a call

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.